News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

James Bond has to be, by far, the most over-rated movie franchise ever.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2016, 03:11:37 PM

Concur.  Siegfried from KAOS was a more capable baddie than most of the Supervilain's Secret Island Hideout bullshit from Bond movies.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2016, 02:50:43 PM
Quote from: Tyr on May 23, 2016, 12:52:34 PM
The trouble with black bond is he would stand out in all relevant trouble spots for British spies to operate.

Craig blended in well in Madagascar.

Rich white businessman in Africa stands out a little but works (though which one was that?....the opening of Skyfall?)

Black Bond goes to Moscow to investigate Spectre infiltration in the upper echelons of Russian society.
Gets stabbed by a neo nazi as soon as he steps outside his hotel.
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

Quote from: 11B4V on May 23, 2016, 03:36:43 PM
You suck

The movies are terrible. They are just the same movie, over and over and over again. The same mediocre movie at that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

I'd like to see them cast an old Jewish guy.  Like Larry David or Bernie Sanders.
"Pastrami on rye.  And STOP SHAKING THE DAMN PASTRAMI. You'll make it dry."
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Re-watched The Hunt for Red October.  Still a pretty nice movie.  I wonder how realistic the submarine warfare was though. 
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 22, 2016, 06:02:35 PM
I'm surprised no one has suggested Moderate Muslim Bond. :P

No such thing.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2016, 03:11:37 PM

I largely agree; though it's closely followed by all of the comic book series and then most sci-fi ones too.

hint:
I'm not a fan of the concept of movie franchises.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on May 24, 2016, 01:57:59 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on May 22, 2016, 06:02:35 PM
I'm surprised no one has suggested Moderate Muslim Bond. :P

No such thing.

Well a bond is usury, so it's against islamic 'banking codes'.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Fucking hell, Rick and Morty has an entire episode that's a parody of Zardoz. How did that happen?  :lol:

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on May 25, 2016, 03:42:02 PM
Fucking hell, Rick and Morty has an entire episode that's a parody of Zardoz. How did that happen?  :lol:

Guest starring Claudia Black!

Liep

What We Do in the Shadows. :lmfao: Funniest mocumentary I've seen in a while.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

Quote from: Liep on May 25, 2016, 04:05:00 PM
What We Do in the Shadows. :lmfao: Funniest mocumentary I've seen in a while.

Can't wait for the sequel.  No word on the release date yet, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

KRonn

Second season of Wayward Pines started last night. Good show, I really liked S1 so was looking forward to this season.   :)