And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Liep on May 30, 2016, 01:34:38 PM
Watched the trailer for the new Ghostbusters movie and it looks terrible. :(

Somewhere, someone is judging you to be a monster of sexism for saying that.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

It just looks like they have lame jokes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on May 30, 2016, 01:38:15 PM
Quote from: Liep on May 30, 2016, 01:34:38 PM
Watched the trailer for the new Ghostbusters movie and it looks terrible. :(

Somewhere, someone is judging you to be a monster of sexism for saying that.  :P

If it makes you feel better, Ghostbusters 2 sucked just as much ass.

11B4V

Watched half of The Sand Pebbles. Got to late to finnish it off. Haven't seen it in ages, so ill stream it.

Solid A
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

BARs and coolies.  What's not to love.

KRonn

I saw the new Star Wars recently. Good movie, I liked it, think they did a good job with it. I'm looking forward to the many spin offs and sequels planned. Something like one per year.

There's a new Star Trek coming out also, and I hope that one is good so the sequels continue.

lustindarkness

Quote from: 11B4V on May 30, 2016, 02:51:21 PM
Watched half of The Sand Pebbles. Got to late to finnish it off. Haven't seen it in ages, so ill stream it.

Solid A

Good movie.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

My name is Hollywood, king of kings,
look on my works, ye mighty, and despair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQGawWqJdfs

frunk

Burn Notice, silly MacGyver for the 21st Century.  Still, decent background show.

lustindarkness

X-Men Apocalypse. Seems ok, anyone here watch it yet?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

The new 'Top Gear' series from the BBC, was OK, but they were trying a little too hard.

I also think they should make the German lady racing driver a full presenter, as she has a great personality, sort of a humorous German speed-freak.   :cool:

edit:
just remembered her name, Sabine Schmitz.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Apparently they are going to reshoot 40% of Star Wars: Rogue One and have brought in Christopher McQuarrie (the last MI flick, The Usual Suspects, Edge of Tomorrow...) to rewrite the script. 6 months before release. So, I guess we can toss that one to the garbage bin. Pity.

Admiral Yi

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on May 30, 2016, 02:51:21 PM

Solid A

Agreed.  A great movie.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on June 02, 2016, 07:51:05 PM
Apparently they are going to reshoot 40% of Star Wars: Rogue One and have brought in Christopher McQuarrie (the last MI flick, The Usual Suspects, Edge of Tomorrow...) to rewrite the script. 6 months before release. So, I guess we can toss that one to the garbage bin. Pity.

The trailer looked good though. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk