News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I'm not bitching.  I was curious to see what they'd done with the 3rd installment of a franchise that was already known to have jumped the shark in the 2nd episode.

Kleves

San Andreas. I'll say the same thing I said after I watched Godfather: Part III: you throw a giant monster or two in there, and you have yourself a movie.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

Started watching Downton Abbey the other night.

Wow, it is *really* good. Cranked through the entire first season in two nights.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Norgy

Someone please call Berkut and see if he's okay.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

Josephus

Binge watching Sons of Anarchy.

I was watching it earlier, but Season 3 sucked (the Ireland season) so I stopped.

But started S.4 the other day. Man, it got good again,
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

11B4V

Bingeing on The Fall. Pretty good so far
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

Daredevil is rather good.though... I know it's a superhero series so that a blind guy can behave in such a way isn't exactly the most extreme thing one can imagine but.... Still....
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Season 3 premiere of Hannibal.  :wub: :wub:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

Unbeknownst to QQ, Mads Mikkelsen was replaced by a 300 lb trucker for that episode. Some people never learn.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?