News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

That was pretty good, and I nominally don't like the show. At least, I keep telling my wife that, then end up watching them with her anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

Sex Ed- Wow the kid from Sixth Sense turned out to be a very weird looking adult.
This film was nothing special. Pretty simple. But some moments that made me smile. Decent background faire.
██████
██████
██████

lustindarkness

Watched The Boxtrolls yesterday, good movie, good story, well done, will watch again at some point.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 11, 2015, 02:32:48 PM
Watched The Boxtrolls yesterday, good movie, good story, well done, will watch again at some point.

My niece came over to the house Saturday and she insisted that we all watch it on Netflix.  I excused myself to go grill the burgers and steaks for dinner, but everyone else seemed to like it. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on June 11, 2015, 02:50:09 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on June 11, 2015, 02:32:48 PM

My niece came over to the house Saturday and she insisted that we all watch it on Netflix.  I excused myself to go grill the burgers and steaks for dinner, but everyone else seemed to like it. 

It is The Good.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Queequeg

It's gorgeous and great.  Not Coraline, still really good. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

I have to watch Coralline again at some point. It was a movie that I *should* have loved, but for some reason it didn't really grab me. But it's the kind of movie I usually love.

Eddie Teach

Anyone been watching Wayward Pines? [spoiler]Was not expecting the Foundation angle, at all.[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 11, 2015, 09:55:56 PM
Anyone been watching Wayward Pines? [spoiler]Was not expecting the Foundation angle, at all.[/spoiler]
Ugh what? 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

[spoiler]The people who plan the town are doing essentially the same thing Hari Seldon did.[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

How fucking perfect was Hannibal?

Liep

Quote from: Queequeg on June 11, 2015, 11:38:16 PM
How fucking perfect was Hannibal?

While still being enjoyable I think it's going a bit too far with the 'who's alive and who's dead and does it really matter?'-stick. At this point it's basically just (beautiful) imagery of gore.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Dark Matter tonight, new sci-fi series on Sci-Fi and Space! for Canadians.  The trailer does not look promising, but I will watch and see.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.