News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 26, 2015, 07:57:35 PM
It Follows this past Sunday. Went with three other people. Three of us loved it, the other hated it.

Good horror flick, great little movie. Has a dreamy, nightmarish quality. 5 people slowly following you out of 5.

Came out today here.  Gonna go see it tomorrow morning.  Lots of buzz on this one.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ideologue on March 27, 2015, 07:28:11 PM
It Follows this past Sunday. Went with three other people. Three of us loved it, the other hated it.

Good horror flick, great little movie. Has a dreamy, nightmarish quality. 5 people slowly following you out of 5.

Came out today here.  Gonna go see it tomorrow morning.  Lots of buzz on this one.

Well justified buzz, imo. I've been thinking about it constantly since the end of the movie.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

lustindarkness

Did I miss any Chappie reviews? Looks interesting.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 27, 2015, 08:52:19 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 27, 2015, 07:28:11 PM

Well justified buzz, imo. I've been thinking about it constantly since the end of the movie.

Going to catch one of the rare screenings as well.

lustindarkness

So I just discovered I have a channel called El Rey Network, they are playing Connan The Barbarian right now. They have a show called Lucha Underground, looks like luchador superheroes at war against luchador villanos.  :lmfao:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Can see the appeal for some, but like the first one I still find it too heavy-handed and ridiculous.

Admiral Yi

Caught maybe the last third of The Majestic last night (basically the hearing and the homecoming).  Not sure, based on what I saw, if I should make an effort to catch the rest or not.

Any thoughts?

KRonn

Quote from: celedhring on March 28, 2015, 04:14:13 PM
Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Can see the appeal for some, but like the first one I still find it too heavy-handed and ridiculous.

I like it well enough, but not a big fan.

I saw Divergent and want to see the sequel Insurgent. Pretty decent story and movie IMO. I think I could even get into reading the books.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2015, 04:20:42 PM
Caught maybe the last third of The Majestic last night (basically the hearing and the homecoming).  Not sure, based on what I saw, if I should make an effort to catch the rest or not.

Any thoughts?

Imho, the only other good bit is the movie-within-a-movie, when they show up one of his films at the town's theater. It's a nice homage to pulpy adventure films.

Sheilbh

Paddington. Absolutely wonderful. Everyone should watch it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Now You See Me. Quite a spectacle. This is what a movie about magic should be.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Lilting. Extraordinary.
Let's bomb Russia!

Berkut

Cinderella.

B. Well executed, but not nothing even a little unexpected.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 28, 2015, 09:01:57 PM
Lilting. Extraordinary.

You've been a regular Timmay with these last two reviews
:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.