News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Sheilbh is worse than Tim. At least with Tim we would have learned whether the movie had a Riefenstahlian tinge.

Sheilbh

Lilting had profound Riefenstahlian overtones. Paddington was moderately Riefenstahlian :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

I would imagine Paddington to be more Eisensteinian in its advocacy of proletarian revolution.

KRonn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 28, 2015, 08:38:52 PM
Now You See Me. Quite a spectacle. This is what a movie about magic should be.

Fun movie, I love the cast, Jesse and Woody especially.

Darth Wagtaros

I liked that movie too. There is a sequel coming out.
PDH!

garbon

I just watched Leap Year. It was like a low rent version of Notting Hill, but I'm a sucker for Matthew Goode and his faux-Irish accent.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Watched a bit of Interns last night.  I could swear I've already seen this movie about 6 times.

Martinus

KRonn

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 29, 2015, 10:06:36 AM
I liked that movie too. There is a sequel coming out.

Yeah, sounds great to me! I heard that a sequel was coming out for Now You See Me.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2015, 12:24:48 PM
I just watched Leap Year. It was like a low rent version of Notting Hill, but I'm a sucker for Matthew Goode and his faux-Irish accent.

I like Matthew Goode.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Nightcrawler- The American Dream in a nutshell. Jake Gyllenhaal has crazy eyes. :thumbsup:

The Judge- Family drama masquerading as legal drama. Draggy, sentimental, cliche. :thumbsdown:

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 29, 2015, 03:58:16 PM
Nightcrawler- The American Dream in a nutshell. Jake Gyllenhaal has crazy eyes. :thumbsup:

Like the fourth or fifth best film of 2014. :)

QuoteThe Judge- Family drama masquerading as legal drama. Draggy, sentimental, cliche. :thumbsdown:

Sitting on my table. :yuk:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 28, 2015, 10:12:52 AM
So I just discovered I have a channel called El Rey Network, they are playing Connan The Barbarian right now. They have a show called Lucha Underground, looks like luchador superheroes at war against luchador villanos.  :lmfao:
I love El Rey.  They also show a lot of old Shaw Brothers Kung Fu flicks. :thumbsup:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Larch

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 29, 2015, 04:30:32 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 28, 2015, 10:12:52 AM
So I just discovered I have a channel called El Rey Network, they are playing Connan The Barbarian right now. They have a show called Lucha Underground, looks like luchador superheroes at war against luchador villanos.  :lmfao:
I love El Rey.  They also show a lot of old Shaw Brothers Kung Fu flicks. :thumbsup:

It's only natural, Robert Rodríguez is behind it.  :lol: They also have "From Dusk till Dawn: The series" and a ludicrous football themed series called "Matador", about a CIA agent that infiltrates a team posing as a player to keep an eye on its owner, a suspected criminal.

lustindarkness

TWD, HOLYSHITWHATANAWESOMEEPISODE!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom