And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: 11B4V on December 10, 2014, 09:03:57 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2014, 08:15:52 PM
Now that's flying in the face of consensus.

Stop being a conformist.
And start watching:

On Netflix now! :w00t:

QuoteThe formerly fatbody fuck known as Chris Pratt is something of an inspiration, though.
Yes. That's certainly one word for him.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

Here you go Timmah, Nazis underground...and riding Hitler-saluting T-Rex's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWo3ydIY_sc

Sophie Scholl

I rather enjoyed The Flash and Arrow's mid-season finales.  The Flash is definitely coming on strong and proving it is a great show on it's own merits without having to piggy back on Arrow's.  On some level, I'm actually liking The Flash more than Arrow this season.  The massive easter egg hunt every episode is fun so far.  We'll see if they can maintain momentum.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

So, Flash is recommended then? Now that Gotham is on hiatus, I am looking for something to get into.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on December 10, 2014, 08:37:46 PM
Is 'Expendables 3' worth a viewing or does it go right back in the rental envelope?

The less good of the three I'm afraid. No jungle adventure, unlike Ideologue said, but dilapilated Eastern block housing/industrial districts make for fine shooting locales. :)
Too much CGI for my taste and there's also the PG-13 issue. '80s nostalgics should watch it.
Worth a viewing yes, but not more.

PS : you won't have trouble understanding Jason Statham, or no excuse for not understanding him, at the very least.  :P

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Martinus on December 11, 2014, 04:53:09 AM
So, Flash is recommended then? Now that Gotham is on hiatus, I am looking for something to get into.
Definitely.  I'm also a fan of Gotham and Arrow, and Flash makes for a nice lighter take on super heroes/comic universes.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on December 10, 2014, 02:14:09 PM
Oh, that trailer looks great. How is the film supposed to fit with the others? Is it a reboot? I'm aware that Tom Hardy is playing the same character as Mel Gibson.
No idea. I'd guess it's a reboot. If it is I'd guess it'll be a little different than other reboots. George Miller's still behind it and apparently the guy who played Toecutter in the original is the baddie in this one. Which is nice.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 11, 2014, 05:12:39 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 10, 2014, 08:37:46 PM
Is 'Expendables 3' worth a viewing or does it go right back in the rental envelope?

The less good of the three I'm afraid. No jungle adventure, unlike Ideologue said, but dilapilated Eastern block housing/industrial districts make for fine shooting locales. :)
Too much CGI for my taste and there's also the PG-13 issue. '80s nostalgics should watch it.
Worth a viewing yes, but not more.

PS : you won't have trouble understanding Jason Statham, or no excuse for not understanding him, at the very least.  :P

Oh, thanks for that.  I might give it a miss as I'm a bit pressed for time, cheers.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

The Expendables as an idea for a film was cool in a cheesy kind of way, what with the 80s nostalgia and all, but as a franchise it is increasingly ridiculous.

Syt

The first was pretty decent in an 80s nostalgic kind of way, and very reminiscent of those old movies. The second was silly self parody, but still watchable to some degree. The third one I haven't watched yet.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Sheilbh, The Conformist is in fact in my queue. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

viper37

CraveTV, 4$/month for old HBO series, mostly, and a few Canadian soaps.

Streaming, apparently, from your usual Bell receiver or desktop.

Problem is, it lauches today and the website is down:
http://www.cravetv.ca/
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Gups

Anyone else watching Transparent, an Amazon produced show? I'm quite taken by it

Martinus

Quote from: Gups on December 11, 2014, 12:19:46 PM
Anyone else watching Transparent, an Amazon produced show? I'm quite taken by it

I heard about it. On my list, as well.

Ideologue

Yeah, your list of things to be intolerant of. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)