News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2014, 12:37:09 PM
I kind of want to get The Swimmer on blu-ray. :blush: I think you'd like that one, Sheilbh. It's about how the American bourgeoisie is horrible and hollow and deluded and fragile.
That sounds great :mmm:

I'll get on it.

I quite like how this is looking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtKfNYpXp3c&feature=youtu.be
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

I expect Lancaster looks better in the trunks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 10, 2014, 01:54:56 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2014, 12:37:09 PM
I kind of want to get The Swimmer on blu-ray. :blush: I think you'd like that one, Sheilbh. It's about how the American bourgeoisie is horrible and hollow and deluded and fragile.
That sounds great :mmm:

I'll get on it.

I quite like how this is looking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtKfNYpXp3c&feature=youtu.be

Oh, that trailer looks great. How is the film supposed to fit with the others? Is it a reboot? I'm aware that Tom Hardy is playing the same character as Mel Gibson.

11B4V

Guardians of the Galaxy: Fucking stupid
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 10, 2014, 08:02:21 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy: Fucking stupid

:lol: Leave it to 11B to keep shit real at Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop.

Ideologue

Now that's flying in the face of consensus.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Is 'Expendables 3' worth a viewing or does it go right back in the rental envelope?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Can't say.  I really loved Escape Plan, but that was a proper 80s badass film in tone (if not in form, due to their ages--it was a thriller).  It had a nutty sci-fi plot and everything.  It wasn't sub-Rambo, cameo-heavy wacky jungle adventure, which as near as I can tell is what the Expendables series is.
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2014, 08:15:52 PM
Now that's flying in the face of consensus.

Stop being a conformist.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

I wish I conformed. :(  It's one of my life goals.
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2014, 09:11:14 PM
I wish I conformed. :(  It's one of my life goals.

By the reviews I was expecting to enjoy it, but didnt. Assburger garbage.

Ideologue

I think that's actually kind of a valid criticism.  It is nerdy as shit.

Then again, it's called Guardians of the Galaxy.  There was pretty much no way it could be anything else.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

The formerly fatbody fuck known as Chris Pratt is something of an inspiration, though.
Kinemalogue