News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I could only think of about five or six really great ones--and two of them are Toy Story movies.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

WALL*E and The Incredibles come to mind.

jimmy olsen

Finding Nemo, Up, Tangled, and Frozen were pretty great
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

crazy canuck

I gave Firefly another try and followed the advice to ignore the train episode.  I am now on episode 7 and I am ejoying it quite a bit.  Its too bad the train episode ruined it for me so early on.  Had it not aired I probably would have become a real fan of the show when it mattered...

Syt

Expendables 2. Funny how the series went from homage straight on to self parody. It was a fun ride, but it's been some time since I rolled my eyes so often at a movie.

Also, Stallone is a nerd according to IMDB:

QuoteIn an interview with BBC Radio, Sylvester Stallone confirmed that he named Jean-Claude Van Damme's character 'Vilain' to make it similar to the name of 19th Century French poet Paul Verlaine. This was to set up an extremely obscure in-joke where the final showdown between Van Damme and Stallone, could be seen as a fight between Vilain/Verlaine and Rambo/Rimbaud. Arthur Rimbaud (pronounced Rambo) being another French poet with whom Verlaine had a tempestuous affair.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Wife brought home a copy of the LEGO Movie.

Really, really enjoyed it.   :blush:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on June 25, 2014, 12:03:30 PM

I can see all the prosecutors bopping to that "everything is awesome!" song.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on June 25, 2014, 12:03:30 PM

You should do her doggie-style while you watch it.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Or better yet, forced oral.  LEGO MAH EGGO

Ed Anger

Beeb is more a missionary man I bet. While wearing his court wig.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

You two must be really into Legos, I guess. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 25, 2014, 12:59:10 PM
You two must be really into Legos, I guess. :unsure:

Perhaps they are really into Beeb.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius