And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2014, 09:13:23 PM
Stop watching it? :unsure:

I gave it it's one full episode chance to win my heart.

Grey Fox

While I have not seen Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow was awesome. I'm with Neil, Tom Cruise is godking of Scifi.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

I haven't seen Edge of Tomorrow, but it would pretty much have to make the case for that on its own. Minority Report was ok. Vanilla Sky, Oblivion, War of the Worlds... eh, watchable, I guess.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

When did Jack Black come out of the closet?  :huh:

Eddie Teach

Didn't realize Wahlberg was that short.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2014, 02:01:00 PM
When did Jack Black come out of the closet?  :huh:

Well presumably he didn't spend much time in it if he chose that outfit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on June 22, 2014, 05:54:44 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 22, 2014, 05:47:38 PM
I can buy that.

And where the hell have you been?
I've been taking a break.  It's made me a better person.

Prison?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

How to Train Your Dragon (2010).   It really is one of the best animated films of the 21st century.  Which, I'll note, is a low bar to clear.

B+

Dragons without dungeons, part I: Are you out of your Viking mind?

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014).   If the aesthetic problems of the first are addressed and then some, every issue the shaky background mythology could possibly have is trebled and jammed right into your soft, quivering brain.  How to Train Your Dragon 2 is recommended for the audiovisual splendor, and for the occasional awesome character moment that rarely (or never) quite pays off on its promise, and for not too much else at all.

B

Dragons without dungeons, part II: he says "red" a lot during dragon training

Also, True Detective (2014).  An epic serial killer procedural that can stand with the best of them, no matter the medium.  Not that there are, on reflection, that many of those in the first place, and not that True Detective doesn't rip off the few there are whenever it feels like it.  [You basically know my feelings on it, but in case there's any interest in the long version.]

A

Truly dicks
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

The dragon movies suck. I'd rather beat off to Frozen.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on June 24, 2014, 10:06:30 PM
one of the best animated films of the 21st century.  Which, I'll note, is a low bar to clear.

Completely disagree
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point