And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 19, 2011, 03:13:06 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 19, 2011, 03:06:17 PM
So how come Bahrain's autocratic despot gets away with it and poor Gadaffi doesn't? :hmm:

Being chummy with Ahmadatthumurrikans in Iran got Gadaffi bumped to the front of the line? :unsure:
Gaddafi has no friends.  The Saudis hate him, the Iranians hate him, the Lebanese hate him (Hezbollah particularly).  When discussing the possibility that he might flee the only countries people thought may accept him were Venezuela, Zimbabwe and Burkina Faso.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

So how come Bahrain's autocratic despot gets away with it and poor Gadaffi doesn't? :hmm:

When Gaddafi gives Johns Hopkins enough money to build a critical care tower, then we'll leave him alone, too.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on March 19, 2011, 03:03:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2011, 02:54:55 PM
Quote from: Slargos on March 19, 2011, 02:51:28 PM
And yet when I post holocaust pictures I get banned.  :rolleyes:

US Navy > Wiking SS

Dumbass.

Nigger plz. Seagoing tubs full of circlejerking faggots ain't got nothing on the Wiking PzGrenadiers.  :rolleyes:

I'm going to murder your grandparents in their hex the next time I play World In Flames.

Ed Anger

Those poor white on black counters.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2011, 03:24:17 PM

US Navy > Wiking SS

Dumbass.

Nigger plz. Seagoing tubs full of circlejerking faggots ain't got nothing on the Wiking PzGrenadiers.  :rolleyes:

I'm going to murder your grandparents in their hex the next time I play World In Flames.

Nigger plz. You couldn't murder a bag of newly aborted fetuses.

Legbiter

Gadaffi just moved the foreign press corps to his palace. :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 19, 2011, 03:15:39 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 19, 2011, 03:13:06 PM

Being chummy with Ahmadatthumurrikans in Iran got Gadaffi bumped to the front of the line? :unsure:
Gaddafi has no friends.  The Saudis hate him, the Iranians hate him, the Lebanese hate him (Hezbollah particularly).  When discussing the possibility that he might flee the only countries people thought may accept him were Venezuela, Zimbabwe and Burkina Faso.

And Belarus.

The Axis of Fail.

Razgovory

Quote from: Legbiter on March 19, 2011, 03:40:20 PM

He's creative, I'll give him that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Legbiter on March 19, 2011, 03:40:20 PM
Ok, I'm back to rooting for Gadhafi. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2011, 02:55:45 PM
Boy was I wrong.  I thought there would be a long series of cat and mouse diplomatic moves before we started blowing shit up.

It really is amazing how things heated up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

US Navy > Wiking SS

Dumbass.

CDM was talking about the US Navy, not the RN.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 19, 2011, 01:40:12 PM
wonder if the rebels mount a real counter offensive and push the pro- daffy troops back on their own, not just 200 wannabe fighters in pick-up trucks racing up and down the main coastal road, while posing for the cameras...

why is he ordering two beers? Shouldn't he be fighting?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 19, 2011, 07:47:58 AM
Quote from: Warspite on March 19, 2011, 07:21:30 AMTo me it all smacks of 'Do Something' rather than a coherent strategy.
Yep.  And what worries me most is that neither Obama or Cameron seem aware that what we've embarked on is regime change.  I think motivated by an entirely understandable and quite right desire to stop brutality against civilians we're engaging in military action when the end goal isn't actually clear. 

Obama has been telling Gaddafi to step down for a while now. Nor did he seem as eager to get involved militarily - it was really French, British and the Arab League pushing for the no-fly zone and intervention.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Kleves

So now we're bombing them... to enforce a no-fly zone? Seems that we're more or less committed to removing Q/K/Gadhafi by default now.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

derspiess

I do hope we are keeping track of our expenses (receipts, mileage, etc.) so we can bill the next Libyan gov't.  Looks like we launched 110 Tomahawk missiles.  At $569,000 a pop, that comes out to $62,590,000 they owe us just for that salvo alone.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall