News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Penguin

Not quite confirmed yet, but it appears that French fighter planes has taken control of the air space over Benghazi...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Mr.Penguin

It's confirmed, Der Spiegel, France 24 and BBC reports that French fighter are flying recon missions over large parts of Libya...

Gambrinus

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 19, 2011, 07:47:58 AM
  Or indeed if we see rebel repraisals against regime loyallists?

then we bomb them. Iirc the UN resolution allows the intervention-forces to engage anyone that engages in atrocities against civilians.

Gambrinus

Sarkozy declares French jets will target Gadaffi tanks.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 19, 2011, 09:43:40 AM

then we bomb them. Iirc the UN resolution allows the intervention-forces to engage anyone that engages in atrocities against civilians.

How can high flying aircrafts prevent a group of armed men going from house to house doing night, threating, beating up or even killing people inside the houses...

Zanza2

Quote from: Caliga on March 19, 2011, 06:36:40 AMLike I said in an earlier thread, Patton Zhukov has pussified the German people for all eternity. :(
FYP. Anyway, I don't want Germany to be involved in this conflict. But I think we should at least express support for our friends by voting for the resolution, even if we won't participate in any military actions.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 19, 2011, 09:58:23 AM

How can high flying aircrafts prevent a group of armed men going from house to house doing night, threating, beating up or even killing people inside the houses...

Carpetbombing will kill the thugs, victims and bystanders.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Very boring. I guess I'm stuck watching basketball.

Poor show France and UK, poor show.

Entertainment rating as of now: F
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Legbiter

So it's started, French jets are bombing Quadaffi's troops.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Darth Wagtaros

I hear the Chinese are blocking Google searches.
PDH!

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 19, 2011, 09:58:23 AM

by bombing them good :p

Darth Wagtaros

Dropping educational leaflets sternly advising against such activities.
PDH!

Neil

This is very disappointing.  On the one hand, it's good that Europe is finally putting it's money where it's mouth is in terms of getting snookered by alleged 'liberal' oppositions.  On the other hand, the Libyan opposition is even worse than Qaddafi, so I'm annoyed that they're helping the wrong side.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.