And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 03, 2009, 09:01:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 03, 2009, 08:45:48 PM
WTF is up with the Snickers NFL sponsorship.  When I saw it in Madden 10 I thought it was only in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqbNQ1D6IUk

Loved that when it came out.  :lol:

Barrister

I don't, but surely it must be on youtube (which I can't access from work).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Vince

Quote from: callmeclemens on September 04, 2009, 12:06:12 PM
Can the jets pleae stop romancing me with 3rd string quarterbacks int the pre season, first Ratliff and now Ainge.

Ratliff Pre Season 2008
32-47  499 yds  4td 1 int

Ainge
28-49   435 yds   4tds  oint

Well the way Clemens played last night Ainge might be the backup.  Of course the way the Jets go through QBs Ainge could be starting at some point this season.   ;)

Neil

The NFL Network's love affair with the Jets is a little ridiculous.  The hardon for Sanchez is one thing, but Vernon 'Bust' Gholston?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on September 04, 2009, 06:37:12 PM
The NFL Network's love affair with the Jets is a little ridiculous.  The hardon for Sanchez is one thing, but Vernon 'Bust' Gholston?

What do you have against the Ghost Buster?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2009, 08:01:21 PM

He sucks.

Also, why would anyone call him that?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on September 04, 2009, 08:32:52 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2009, 08:01:21 PM

He sucks.

Also, why would anyone call him that?
I just came up with it when I saw your post.

Also, I'm a bit drunk. -_-
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Well Oakland cut Garcia.  It looks like they've written the season off.

Somebody's going to get a top-shelf backup.  Actually, it should be the Ravens.

dps

Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2009, 07:01:30 PM
Well Oakland cut Garcia.  It looks like they've written the season off.

Not necessarily, it could just mean that Al Davis hasn't regained the eye for talent that he used to have but lost sometime around the first time Art Shell was his head coach.  Or regained his sanity, either.

Sophie Scholl

Pfft, Al Davis will come to your house and give you an overhead presentation on Jamarcus Russell is God.  He's old, spare him the travel and just accept it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2009, 07:01:30 PM
Well Oakland cut Garcia. 

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Anyone want to trade for a backup QB?  :frusty:

CountDeMoney

The Ravens cut 5 wide receivers, and keep only 4.  W.T.F.

On the team: Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton, Kelley Washington, and Demetrius Williams.
Cut:  Justin Harper, Yamon Figurs, Jayson Foster, Ernie Wheelwright and Eron Riley.

Disappointed that Riley got cut.  He played his balls off in the Atlanta preseason game.

They're also fucking around with the DBs.  Traded Derrick Martin to the Packers for OL Moll.

This preseason, Martin was experimenting at both the cornerback and safety spots, and he said the Packers have expressed interest in him at safety.

The Ravens also released offensive tackles Joe Reitz and Stefan Rodgers, guards Tre' Stallings and Bryan Mattison, tight ends Isaac Smolko and Davon Drew (a fifth-round pick in April), cornerback Evan Oglesby, rookie running back Cedric Peerman (a sixth rounder in April), rookie linebacker William VanDeSteeg, rookie fullback Jason Cook, rookie center Robby Felix, rookie safety K.J. Gerard and defensive tackle Nadir Abdallah.

Mattison is the son of defensive coordinator Greg Mattison.

They trade Martin and cut Oglesby, yet keep that penalty flag magnet Frank Walker, who can't cover a wall with paint.  Oh well.

PDH

They cut Martin because he was a Wyoming Cowboy.   :mad:
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM