Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: Faeelin on December 21, 2009, 12:48:28 AM

I dunno, what's the point of your general shrillness and questionable ethics?

:lol: Pull yourself in boy.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: Faeelin on December 20, 2009, 10:27:48 AM
Incidentally,  did anybody else revive the golem army? I was surprised that even Morrigan was unhappy with doing so...

I did. It was needed. Living Paragon > Old Paragon
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Queequeg

Got bored with the Mage in Orzammar, now I'm playing as a female Dalish warrior that got just two fantastically awesome pieces of equipment from Ironbark.   :thumbsup:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Barrister

I still find the fights in this game to be quite hard.  I had to restart a random encounter with wolves while travelling several times FFS.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

The wolves are hard, its true.

The game scales some encounters badly.

CC everything BB.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 21, 2009, 12:55:09 PM
The wolves are hard, its true.

The game scales some encounters badly.

CC everything BB.

I don't have any great CC options, or at least when I try the few spells I have the CC seems to break almost immediately.

Grey Fox

Martinus

What difficulty are you playing at, BB? I play at Normal and hardly ever have any problems. And I don't even use Morrigan - just Alistair, Lellianna and Wynne (I'm a tank-ish champion/templar myself).

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on December 21, 2009, 01:26:37 PM
What difficulty are you playing at, BB? I play at Normal and hardly ever have any problems. And I don't even use Morrigan - just Alistair, Lellianna and Wynne (I'm a tank-ish champion/templar myself).

Normal.

I'm a mage, usually travel with Alistair, Leliana, and random 4th.  If I can I get Alistair up front to tank, I throw out a bunch of heals, Leliana does ranged damage.  That works well when I can plan for an encounter, but any of the scripted events, in particular when attacked from all sides, just get very messy.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on December 21, 2009, 01:31:22 PM

Normal.

I'm a mage, usually travel with Alistair, Leliana, and random 4th.  If I can I get Alistair up front to tank, I throw out a bunch of heals, Leliana does ranged damage.  That works well when I can plan for an encounter, but any of the scripted events, in particular when attacked from all sides, just get very messy.

In case you haven't been doing that, it's a good idea to invest into Alistair's Constitution when he is the tanker.

DisturbedPervert

Difficulty levels on PC and Xbox are not the same.  Not sure what spells you use with Wynne, but the Xbox has no friendly fire at normal while the PC does, which makes an enormous difference.

DisturbedPervert

Normal.

Try using Force Field.  Only second level too.  You can either use it to take one mob out for a bit, although you can't attack them while they are behind it, or use it on your own guy to make an invincible tank once he's generated enough aggro.

Barrister

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 21, 2009, 01:41:08 PM
Normal.

Try using Force Field.  Only second level too.  You can either use it to take one mob out for a bit, although you can't attack them while they are behind it, or use it on your own guy to make an invincible tank once he's generated enough aggro.

I'll try and remember that.

And "no friendly fire" would make a huge difference.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister