Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on December 17, 2009, 03:25:49 PM
For the sake of completeness, I went the Diabolist (defiling the Ashes of Andraste) route on one save of my current game.  Damn!  Wynne and Lelianna jumped Sten and I.  Bitches!  Didn't matter though, as I demolished them. 

I've found a fantastic way to make money:  be a Dwarf Noble and sell all of your loot to Gorim in Denerim.  Wow.  I've made a metric fuck ton of money like that.  I've had enough to waste on some crazy items and armor, burning through at least... 240 gold with still about 90 on me.  I've got Redcliffe and Breccilan Forest to go as well.  Also, I made a save in Orzammar prior to support Bhelen or Harrowmont and plan to run both sides to see what happens.  I played through supporting Bhelen, once giving him the crown and once pulling the sweet revenge of giving it to Harrowmont at the last second.  I really love how each origin has such an impact when you go back to where you're from or interact with people from your origin.

For that Orzammar is an hoot, especially has a Casteless.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

Finally beat it.  Woot woot!  Got the Traveller achievement, the killing yourself one, and the save over 50% of the troops at Denerim one to push my achievement total to over half of my 360 achievement points.  I plan on going back through the prior save and supporting Harrowmont to the end of the Orzammar campaign to see what transpires, though no further.  I also think I'll continue on with my paused female human rogue and beat the game.  Ranking so far is damned high on my all0time list.  We'll see how it handles once the joy of beating it wears off.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grallon

3rd playthrough - meet Aeryn Cousland, future queen of Ferelden.

-----
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Faeelin

Incidentally,  did anybody else revive the golem army? I was surprised that even Morrigan was unhappy with doing so...

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Faeelin on December 20, 2009, 10:27:48 AM
Incidentally,  did anybody else revive the goelm army? I was surprised that even Morrigan was unhappy with doing so...

Of course.  Wasn't a tough decision at all.  Shale wasn't too happy about it however.

Scipio

Quote from: Faeelin on December 20, 2009, 10:27:48 AM
Incidentally,  did anybody else revive the golem army? I was surprised that even Morrigan was unhappy with doing so...
I guess in her case, the librarytarian won out over the utilitarian.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Faeelin

Incidentally, I withdraw criticism of blood mages. Once you get the higher level spells... getting an entire room to freeze, suffer damage, and then take control of the alpha ogre is far too awesome to criticize.

Slargos

Quote from: Faeelin on December 20, 2009, 04:41:05 PM
Incidentally, I withdraw criticism of blood mages. Once you get the higher level spells... getting an entire room to freeze, suffer damage, and then take control of the alpha ogre is far too awesome to criticize.

Where do you unlock blood mage anyway?

Grallon

Quote from: Slargos on December 20, 2009, 07:06:09 PM

Where do you unlock blood mage anyway?

Redcliffe - when you sacrifice the Orlesian bitch to enter the Fade and battle the demon who posess her son.  There you can make a pact with the demon to gain Blood Magic in exchange for the posession of Connor further down the road.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Faeelin

Quote from: Grallon on December 20, 2009, 07:08:33 PMRedcliffe - when you sacrifice the Orlesian bitch to enter the Fade and battle the demon who posess her son.  There you can make a pact with the demon to gain Blood Magic in exchange for the posession of Connor further down the road.

Or you can threaten to beat her to death.  :bash:

Grallon

~Jean-François Revel

Slargos

Quote from: Grallon on December 20, 2009, 09:45:50 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on December 20, 2009, 07:44:23 PM

Or you can threaten to beat her to death.  :bash:

And the purpose of the bashing is?  :rolleyes:

G.

Obviously to wrangle the secret to blood magic out of her. Duh.  :rolleyes:

Faeelin

Quote from: Grallon on December 20, 2009, 09:45:50 PM
And the purpose of the bashing is?  :rolleyes:

G.

I dunno, what's the point of your general shrillness and questionable ethics?

Pedrito

Ok, Morrigan finally invited me into her tent for some steamy binary action and, despite all the excellent sideboobage shown while travelling and combating with the group, what do I get?

I didn't expect anything Not Safe For Youngsters, but surely I wouldn't expect an horny Witch of the Wilds dressed in a Playtex ligerie set that seems it just came out from a Wal-Mart's women apparel aisle  <_<

oh, and I'm in Redcliffe village: where the fuck is that damn Bevin boy her sister is looking for?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Pedrito on December 21, 2009, 04:09:36 AM
oh, and I'm in Redcliffe village: where the fuck is that damn Bevin boy her sister is looking for?

L.
He's in his house in the cabinet/dresser thing.  Click on it and there's some dialogue and he comes out.  You can get a sword from him if your persuade is decent.

Also, I agree on the cop out regarding the ladies. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."