Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on December 21, 2009, 06:39:34 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 21, 2009, 04:43:41 PM

But I play on normal.

And friendly fire applies on all levels but Easy.

We appear to be talking past each other.  Yes, I know that.

But DP mentioned that FF does NOT apply on the XBox version of the game, at normal difficulty level, which would make it quite a bit easier.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on December 21, 2009, 07:07:17 PM
But DP mentioned that FF does NOT apply on the XBox version of the game, at normal difficulty level, which would make it quite a bit easier.
I can confirm this.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jaron

It is NIGH impossible to plan any kind of meaningful strategy on the Xbox version.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

viper37

Finally did it, at hard, with my warrior character.

Waiting for the expansion pack, I completed all origin stories, and I'm nearing the end with my rogue character, a female city elf.

Anyone here took a Dwarf noble?  Is there anything special when you get back to Orzammar?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sophie Scholl

Everyone hates you and calls you a kinslayer.  Harrowmont is obviously friendly toward you and says he always believed in you, yadda yadda.  Bhalen is all kinds of a dick to you, and expects you to screw him over and side with Harrowmont, though if you do side with him he gives you some respect.  I've got a save where I plan on backing Harrowmont, but I haven't gotten back to it yet.  There's some dialogue about various aspects of the origin story, but I forget them all offhand.

The best aspect for a dwarf noble is in Denerim:  your former second is there as a merchant.  He's pays way above the normal rate for stuff.  It's easy to make a mint selling to him.  I was able to buy every top end piece off of merchants in the game simply by selling everything to him and building up tonsof cash.  I even had enough left over to give 120 gold to Redcliffe's forces.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grallon

I will be soon completing my 3rd playthrough - but I've never been interested in dwarves - they're ugly as sin. 

Besides if you need money: type " ` " (tilde) and then "runscript zz_money 5000000" and you get 500 golds in your chest.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on January 12, 2010, 11:13:33 AM
I will be soon completing my 3rd playthrough - but I've never been interested in dwarves - they're ugly as sin.

Seriously?  You think the dwarves of Dragon Age are ugly?  I mean they are just short humans.  Alot of them do not even have beards.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Dwarves are much cooler then Elves.

But Grallon only wants to play with characters he'd like to fuck. So male only too?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2010, 01:47:58 PM
But Grallon only wants to play with characters he'd like to fuck. So male only too?

Not true he has played females before. He even has a screenie of one he is playing in this thread IIRC.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Then. He should play the Dwarves. The Casteless story is the best of the game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Grallon on January 12, 2010, 11:13:33 AM

Besides if you need money: type " ` " (tilde) and then "runscript zz_money 5000000" and you get 500 golds in your chest.

G.
Playing on the 360, so no nudity codes, no chest code, no gold cheat codes, nada but skill and determination. :showoff:

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2010, 02:42:45 PM

I think he still demands his female characters be HOTT on an aesthetic level even if he woudn't have sex with them.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2010, 03:01:54 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2010, 02:42:45 PM

I think he still demands his female characters be HOTT on an aesthetic level even if he woudn't have sex with them.
Except his female character was not HOTT, at least in my opinion.