Main Menu

Lord of the Rings Online thread

Started by Berkut, March 24, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Book XXXI: Bugs Bunny is introduced as a boss.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Marvin the Martian sacking the Shire in search of his Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator. :yes:

Sophie Scholl

Massive thread necro for announcing I've decided to give this game another go.  Hopefully it still has people floating around the server I want to go to (Landroval).  I almost wish I'd dropped the loot for the lifetime subscription back in the day. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 20, 2012, 04:32:06 AM
Massive thread necro for announcing I've decided to give this game another go.  Hopefully it still has people floating around the server I want to go to (Landroval).  I almost wish I'd dropped the loot for the lifetime subscription back in the day. :lol:

Dude. Guild Wars 2 starts in 5 days. It has graphics style similar to LOTRO but is superior in every other way. Why not play that?

Solmyr

Because it's not set in Middle Earth?

Anyway, I tend to poke LOTRO every few months. My chars are all on Laurelorn/Laurelin (or whatever the EN-RP server is called).

szmik

I haven't played since May.  :)

Might give it another go and lvl up my 62 mini. But it's on Crickhollow. Or start another char if one would like to duo the process.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Solmyr on August 20, 2012, 04:52:23 AM
Because it's not set in Middle Earth?

Anyway, I tend to poke LOTRO every few months. My chars are all on Laurelorn/Laurelin (or whatever the EN-RP server is called).

laurelin.

trying to get as much of the main story done before we enter Rohan proper

Sophie Scholl

Marti:  I much prefer the Middle Earth setting as well as the fact that I don't think my rig can handle Guild Wars II.  Nice to see those who still play are on Laurelin.  When I last played, Landroval was the RP server for North America, but it appears Laurelin has opened up as well and is actually a better location for rp.  I plan on checking them both out and seeing which intrigues me more.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Solmyr

My main on Laurelin is Solmyr, human loremaster, in case someone wants to add me as friend. At least when I'm around. :)

Syt

I've had a lifetime sub (been on Laurelin), but none of my characters made it far into the Lonelands. I loved the setting and what they've done with the property, but I just always got bored around that point. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Heh, I haven't made it out of Bree-land yet. Also had a lifetime sub, so I'm sitting around collecting store points now.

Martinus

Syt

It is, but you need to buy "quest packs" and such to get access to some stuff if you don't sub or have a lifetime account. If you have a sub or a lifetime account you have full access to everything (still need to get expansions for some content, like Moria or Rohan), and get a monthly allowance in store points.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2012, 02:40:19 AM
It is, but you need to buy "quest packs" and such to get access to some stuff if you don't sub or have a lifetime account. If you have a sub or a lifetime account you have full access to everything (still need to get expansions for some content, like Moria or Rohan), and get a monthly allowance in store points.

Ok understood. I actually kinda liked LOTRO - out of the all "failed" MMORPGs that did not manage to challenge WoW, this one was most fun to play, due to the lore reasons. Does it hold up after all these years?