Main Menu

History Trivia Thread Reducks

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

crazy canuck

Quote from: frunk on July 30, 2009, 02:29:09 PM
Free French, Operation Torch?

Would have to be under the British Flag then.  The cooperation of the Free French was an iffy proposition.

crazy canuck

Given the problems between the British and Free French I am guessing that they were not part of any allied effort.  Was there an invasion conducted by only Free French forces?  Not sure but that would be my guess  -  as far as it goes.

Maximus

Free French, St Pierre et Miquelon

crazy canuck

Ah, that fits my description....  Do I win. :P

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Admiral Yi

Remember Max, the Yi Rule is dead * so ask all the Mennonite questions you want to. :)

* 24 Hour Rule and Timmy Rule still in effect.

Caliga

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on July 30, 2009, 02:59:14 PM
:huh:
No questions on numbers, e.g. how many men of the Black Watch were present and fit for duty at the battle of Waterloo.

Dates still OK.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 30, 2009, 03:00:49 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 30, 2009, 02:59:14 PM
:huh:
No questions on numbers, e.g. how many men of the Black Watch were present and fit for duty at the battle of Waterloo.

Dates still OK.

800, thats about one battalion. the other battalion in the regiment was probably in scotland
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on July 30, 2009, 12:56:04 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 30, 2009, 12:37:20 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 12:24:00 PM
One is NZ.

No idea the other, would be funny if it was India :lol:
Hooray! :cheers:

The other one is Oztralia.

Huh.  I ruled out Australia because you specified a national rate - I was sure it would be provincial jurisdiction in Australia (like it is in Canada).

Fucking lawyers

;) ;) ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on July 30, 2009, 03:29:38 PM
800, thats about one battalion. the other battalion in the regiment was probably in scotland
Games I've played always have British liine batallion strengths at 500-600.:nerd:

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on July 30, 2009, 03:32:45 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 30, 2009, 12:56:04 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 30, 2009, 12:37:20 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 12:24:00 PM
One is NZ.

No idea the other, would be funny if it was India :lol:
Hooray! :cheers:

The other one is Oztralia.

Huh.  I ruled out Australia because you specified a national rate - I was sure it would be provincial jurisdiction in Australia (like it is in Canada).

Fucking lawyers

;) ;) ;)

According to a rather dubious wiki page I was right - Australia's states brought in minimum wage legislation, but no national legislation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_history
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

While we await Max, here is a softball:  who was the only one of Napoleon's brothers never to command troops in battle?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!