News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

History Trivia Thread Reducks

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Erm... desperation/lack of options?  They wanted to get a fleet in action as quickly as possible?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Alatriste on July 29, 2009, 01:54:22 AM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 29, 2009, 01:44:52 AM
Usage of inferior wood?  Not aged long enough so it warped or something?  No idea.
Quality building is considered a vice in Russia?

Indeed, the wood the Russians used wasn't 'cured' long enough (a process that took years in English, French, Spanish or Dutch shipyards) but why did they use that wood?
PDH!

Sophie Scholl

Seriously Wags?  Now you're just being a retard with your quoting. :rolleyes:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Usage of inferior wood?  Not aged long enough so it warped or something?  No idea.

Indeed, the wood the Russians used wasn't 'cured' long enough (a process that took years in English, French, Spanish or Dutch shipyards) but why did they use that wood?

Not enough space to cure it?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 29, 2009, 02:45:52 AM
Seriously Wags?  Now you're just being a retard with your quoting. :rolleyes:
Well fuck you too moron.
PDH!

The Brain

Not using it is treason!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

The wood could be damaged by cold and they had limited/none heated curing facilities for the wood?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

They used larch wood, which sucks for shipbuilding, but is cheap and plentiful in Russia?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

I don't see how timber supply can be the answer since Russia's had to have stuff similar to Sweden and Finland, which IIRC supplied high quality shipbuilding wood.

Jaron

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 29, 2009, 02:48:58 AM

Not enough space to cure it?

Was it sick? :unsure:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Alatriste

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 29, 2009, 05:16:38 AM
I don't see how timber supply can be the answer since Russia's had to have stuff similar to Sweden and Finland, which IIRC supplied high quality shipbuilding wood.

Yi is close to the right answer...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Alatriste on July 29, 2009, 06:04:30 AM
Yi is close to the right answer...
Saying it wasn't timber quality is close to the right answer?:puzzled:

Admiral Yi

I could go for un indicio, vato.

Razgovory

They probably used something inferior to hold the wood together.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

They got their wood from Finland and the Finns intentionally provided them with crap wood?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points