News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

History Trivia Thread Reducks

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Tough, northern, extremely tolerant religiously and culturally and fond of horses?  Possible.  He also might have worn something like flannel, we know the Saka did. 

Who was the founder of the Sassanid Dynasty, where in Persia did he come from, and why did he rebel against the Parthians? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Malthus

Quote from: Queequeg on April 02, 2014, 02:22:26 PM
Tough, northern, extremely tolerant religiously and culturally and fond of horses?  Possible.  He also might have worn something like flannel, we know the Saka did. 

Also, the world's most polite world-emperor. He always said "excuse me?" when having someone impaled.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

The Persian Empire would have had free health care for all and compulsory Curling.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Who was the founder of the Sassanid Dynasty, where in Persia did he come from, and why did he rebel against the Parthians? 

Um Sassan, he came from erm...Susa, and he rebelled against the Parthians because they were dirty Turkish foreigners.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Agelastus

Ardashir, but I don't have a clue about the rest.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Queequeg

A lot of that could be guessed, Age.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Agelastus

Quote from: Queequeg on April 02, 2014, 03:25:14 PM
A lot of that could be guessed, Age.

I knew that he'd started conquering other Parthian vassals in the Persis-Fars area after ascending the throne but as to where exactly he was born? Or what the exact cause of his rebellion was?

No, I don't know that.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."