Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on November 23, 2021, 10:11:37 AM
On second thought: considering my invalid test result, wouldn't I need somebody authorised to give me a negative certificate? i.e. these guys? The way it works is you send a photo of your ID and the test and then they give you a signed certificate on the result.
I don't know. I've only used the NHS one and you basically put in the serial number of the test and your result. You don't get a certificate or anything like that - there's I think maybe an email confirmation (but I've never had invalid or positive).

I don't know why you'd need a certificate - except for in the context of the day 2 travel tests when that was around.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 23, 2021, 10:13:11 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 23, 2021, 10:11:37 AM
On second thought: considering my invalid test result, wouldn't I need somebody authorised to give me a negative certificate? i.e. these guys? The way it works is you send a photo of your ID and the test and then they give you a signed certificate on the result.
I don't know. I've only used the NHS one and you basically put in the serial number of the test and your result. You don't get a certificate or anything like that - there's I think maybe an email confirmation (but I've never had invalid or positive).

I don't know why you'd need a certificate - except for in the context of the day 2 travel tests when that was around.

Day 2 test is still around - that's why I did it.

Tamas

Bloody hell, I feel robbed. :P

I am going to get myself the free kits then as well, just in case the one from these government-sanctioned robbers doesn't work out again. 

Josquius

The day 2 testing thing is a massive scam what with the NHS ones being free.
Somebody in the government is clearly making big money from that.
Odds on them subtly shifting it over time into a general entry to the UK fee? :p

I've heard that the way they work is you just need to prove you've ordered one and don't even need to take it- people ordering cheapo in-person tests in Shetland, never intending to go anywhere near Scotland, etc.... No idea how true that is.

Quote from: Tamas on November 22, 2021, 03:49:35 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 22, 2021, 03:18:00 PM
40 something guy I know who got a Pfizer booster found himself wiped out for the weekend.
Guess that means his vaccination had waned?

I imagine the opposite - I have heard people who were vaccinated after being infected and they all got knocked out by the vaccine pretty bad. My uncle nearly died of covid during the Spring, ended up in ICU for a while, shortly after getting out his antibody count in his blood was through the roof. But recently his job required vaccination so he had to get the jab. He got REALLY bad for a few days, muscle aches etc.

I'd imagine it's their immune system being well aware of the threat and going Defcon 2 without fluffing about.
True. hmm. I can see a case for either really. hmm. Where'd I put that medical degree?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on November 23, 2021, 11:41:35 AM

I've heard that the way they work is you just need to prove you've ordered one and don't even need to take it- people ordering cheapo in-person tests in Shetland, never intending to go anywhere near Scotland, etc.... No idea how true that is.

That's nice until you end up the being the unlucky one being contacted over no results recorded for your case. There's a hefty fine.

celedhring

Christ, the regional government has started demanding a vaccination passport to access restaurants/bars and the couple antivaxxers in my workplace WhatsApp group are foaming at the mouth (we had drinks scheduled on Friday).  :rolleyes:

They are both foreign (one Russian, one British), and their political opinions are absolutely abominable, so I'm not surprised  :P

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on November 23, 2021, 04:08:55 PMtheir political opinions are absolutely abominable

So you might have dodged a bullet avoiding going out with them, then.  :P

What kind of abominable?

celedhring

The British dude is a Brexiteer in the Rees-Mogg mold (but of course he lives in an EU country).
Russian girl is an ancap.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on November 23, 2021, 04:52:32 PM
The British dude is a Brexiteer in the Rees-Mogg mold (but of course he lives in an EU country).

And these people ended up in Barcelona in the creative arts? Or are they from the business school?

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on November 23, 2021, 04:55:01 PM

And these people ended up in Barcelona in the creative arts? Or are they from the business school?

Business school. Much easier to find people with abominable politics in there  :P

Jacob

Ancap? Anarchist Capitalist?

celedhring

Quote from: Jacob on November 23, 2021, 05:26:16 PM

Ancap? Anarchist Capitalist?

Yep.

Josquius

How the fuck does this guy look himself  in the mirror?
Some kind of oh I'm an expat and you're lucky to have me Spics colonialist mentality?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

A bus driver in Upper Austria programmed the destination display on his bus to read "Vaccination is Murder" last Friday. Because of witnesses, images, and time the driver could be identified and was fired immediately after.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

The Russian girl has now suggested that we have drinks outdoors to not bow to fascism (sic). It's been raining all week.  :lol:

Sorry, I don't want to give you the play-by-play, I'm just having a good laugh  :lol: