News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Hopefully it'll just be a couple weeks off. Good luck, Zoupa.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 23, 2020, 08:51:57 AM
Yeah McDonald's need to shut down. The one near me is never not full of people queueing - normally out the door as well. There's always a huge number of Uber Eats drivers as well. To make it worse it's one of those McDonald's that has got rid of being able to order at the till so you have to input your order with your hand on a giant ipad which, right now :x
unrelated to McD', but someone just posted a neat trick on FB to use the credit card machines: use a q-tip.  This particular store is offering a q-tip to each client, but recommend we bring one.

Could be used for these giant iPad at McD's...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Pedrito

Quote from: mongers on March 23, 2020, 10:32:08 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on March 23, 2020, 10:05:03 AM
Italy should peak in the next few days. The virus will start going extinct.

Btw, I could spend the next month watching this, Italian mayors enforcing lockdown.  :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJeRgjlLaZk

Beautiful.

Is that the mayor of Bergamo?

I saw him on the news last night, he has two daughters studying in the England, but so worried is he about the UK, that he's organising for them to come back home. That's to the european epicentre, which he now reckons is safer. :hmm:
:lol: Oh well the video is making the rounds in chats and socials since yesterday, and I can't stop watching it.
They're all from Southern Italy, the first (the flamethrower one) is Campania's governor (Naples region), and is famous for his inteviews.
The others are mayors of small to medium towns that are trying to battle idiocy, especially in the South where the issue is not pressing like in Lombardy, so people keep going outside. There are videos of Naples' markets full of people just until a couple days ago.
Oh, and by the way, the "hairdresser" mayor is using a dialect hard to understand for us northerners, go figure for you :lol:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

mongers

Quote from: Pedrito on March 23, 2020, 12:09:53 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 23, 2020, 10:32:08 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on March 23, 2020, 10:05:03 AM
Italy should peak in the next few days. The virus will start going extinct.

Btw, I could spend the next month watching this, Italian mayors enforcing lockdown.  :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJeRgjlLaZk

Beautiful.

Is that the mayor of Bergamo?

I saw him on the news last night, he has two daughters studying in the England, but so worried is he about the UK, that he's organising for them to come back home. That's to the european epicentre, which he now reckons is safer. :hmm:
:lol: Oh well the video is making the rounds in chats and socials since yesterday, and I can't stop watching it.
They're all from Southern Italy, the first (the flamethrower one) is Campania's governor (Naples region), and is famous for his inteviews.
The others are mayors of small to medium towns that are trying to battle idiocy, especially in the South where the issue is not pressing like in Lombardy, so people keep going outside. There are videos of Naples' markets full of people just until a couple days ago.
Oh, and by the way, the "hairdresser" mayor is using a dialect hard to understand for us northerners, go figure for you :lol:

L.

Pedrito, thanks for the summation.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Quebec has changed it's way to count cases, we raise by 400+ to 628.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa

Quote from: viper37 on March 23, 2020, 11:42:58 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on March 22, 2020, 10:46:53 PM
I've tested positive. :frog:

Not much symptoms. A little cough now and then, fever treated with acetaminophen/paracetamol.

No symptoms from my wife. I hope they disinfected with the non-existent alcohol at work...
prompt rétablissement!

Does your wife need to isolate herself too?

Yes. So her parents have been dropping us food. Bless them, but they buy the weirdest shit  :glare:

So we call the Covid phone number daily as instructed to give updates on my condition (I feel like a superstar lol "I feel ok, my temp is fine".)

What I'm not clear about is let's say my wife gets it (likely), on a delayed schedule compared to me. Then she goes through the 14 days. Do I still need to isolate, even though I probably developped antibodies by that time? I'm assuming yes, since my clothes etc can carry this thing, but I don't know how likely this is. The folks at the phone number don't really know. I know the virus lives on surfaces for a couple of hours.

Fate?

Pedrito

New cases and new deaths are lower than yesterday! New cases +8%, new deaths +11%. Way less tests than yesterday, though, 17.000 vs. 25.000  :hmm:

Let's hope we're seeing a light  :cry:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josquius

Quote from: Zoupa on March 23, 2020, 12:19:06 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 23, 2020, 11:42:58 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on March 22, 2020, 10:46:53 PM
I've tested positive. :frog:

Not much symptoms. A little cough now and then, fever treated with acetaminophen/paracetamol.

No symptoms from my wife. I hope they disinfected with the non-existent alcohol at work...
prompt rétablissement!

Does your wife need to isolate herself too?

Yes. So her parents have been dropping us food. Bless them, but they buy the weirdest shit  :glare:

So we call the Covid phone number daily as instructed to give updates on my condition (I feel like a superstar lol "I feel ok, my temp is fine".)

What I'm not clear about is let's say my wife gets it (likely), on a delayed schedule compared to me. Then she goes through the 14 days. Do I still need to isolate, even though I probably developped antibodies by that time? I'm assuming yes, since my clothes etc can carry this thing, but I don't know how likely this is. The folks at the phone number don't really know. I know the virus lives on surfaces for a couple of hours.

Fate?

I recall seeing a nice visual explanation here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729

Would it be possible in your place for your wife to isolate from you?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

I loved Italy's Funniest Town Hall Videos.  :D

Barrister

Had a 2-day trial scheduled.  Only in-custody trials are proceeding, but this fellow was in custody.

Wound up making a generous offer which he took - cleaned up his files and he got out of custody.

BUt I think we're kidding ourselves trying to run trials.  I noticed that there were NO witnesses today, and none of the handful of in-custody trials actually proceeded.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

UK testing still hovering around 6,000 <_<

Deaths and cases up by about 20%. The mortality figures seem to be sticking at about 50 a day. Not sure on ICU usage/capacity which I imagine is a key part of that.

Edit: Also - I'd really appreciate London specific data at this point. I think it's on about 2-2,500 cases and about 50% of the deaths but not sure and as we're ahead of the rest of the country it would be useful to see how rapid the rapid increase is.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 21, 2020, 06:08:06 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 20, 2020, 10:05:36 PM
77 new cases in BC 348 total

Nine people have died, including eight in one old age home. Twenty-two people are now in hospital, with 10 in intensive care. Six people have fully recovered

There are 74 new confirmed cases and 5 additional hospitalizations.  424 total confirmed cases with 27 total in hospital and 12 in ICU.  10 deaths in total.

As of yesterday

48 new cases and three additional deaths in the province.  This brings the total number of confirmed cases in B.C. up to 472 and the total of deaths up to 13. 

Of those 472 cases 100 have recovered, 33 people remain hospitalized and 14 of those are in the intensive care unit.

Tamas

Quote from: Pedrito on March 23, 2020, 12:22:23 PM
New cases and new deaths are lower than yesterday! New cases +8%, new deaths +11%. Way less tests than yesterday, though, 17.000 vs. 25.000  :hmm:

Let's hope we're seeing a light  :cry:

L.

Nice! Let's hope so.

Habbaku

Likely a shelter in place order coming down for Georgia/Atlanta tonight. Guess I'll post on Languish more and read more RPG books.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.