News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Grallon, March 10, 2009, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2009, 12:42:50 PM

Apparently there is going to be a spin-off series, and it will have gay sex. According to the FoF people, who are fans, at least. :P

Caprica (the main planet of the 12 colonies Star system).  The show will retell the stories of 2 families, the Greystokes and the Adamas, and their direct/indirect influence on the creation of the cylons.

Before that there will be a 2 hours TV movie called "The Plan", which will be the story of the attack on the colonies from the Cylons' perspective.

As for gay sex on TV...  You've watched QaF so you know nothing short of actual pronography can beat that.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on March 23, 2009, 04:11:34 PM
Caprica (the main planet of the 12 colonies Star system).  The show will retell the stories of 2 families, the Greystokes and the Adamas, and their direct/indirect influence on the creation of the cylons.
Tarzan is going to be in it?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on March 23, 2009, 04:37:22 PM

Tarzan is going to be in it?

Oh go away !  :D

-----

Btw I just listened to the last Podcast by Ron Moore (creator & executive producer), a lot of questions get answered that are related to the choices made for the show as a whole and the finale specifically.  I wonder if in this day and age these 'addons' aren't necessary to complete a narrative ?

You can hear it here: http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/downloads/podcast.php

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2009, 08:01:32 AM
This sounds like a cool series. Should I watch it? :o

Maybe.  Avoid New Caprica and pretend it ends when they find Earth the first time (it's a fake Earth but it's a lot cooler if you make believe it's real).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Berkut on March 23, 2009, 12:31:44 PM
Nah, turns out that the Colony went into the black hole when it was hit by the nukes, so they are all dead. Supposedly. Apparently all the basestars were there. Right.

That was clear in the original version of the show, but they edited it out because they needed the time to show profound character development, like Starbuck begging Lee to fuck her after Lees brother, her fiancee, passed out drunk.

Can't miss important "character development" like that! Things like explaining the fucking story will just have to go!

Horribly, those flashbacks are there to show how God/Fate intervened in their lives, so that they'd all be in the fleet.  Viewed in that light, they almost work--except it turns out God is really really real, which turns them into fucking garbage and begs the question, "Hey, God, why?"
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grallon

Quote from: Ideologue on March 23, 2009, 05:03:44 PM

Maybe.  Avoid New Caprica and pretend it ends when they find Earth the first time (it's a fake Earth but it's a lot cooler if you make believe it's real).

Let him make his own mind instead of trying to foist your own bilious opinion on him goddamit !

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Ideologue

Quote from: Grallon on March 23, 2009, 05:07:15 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 23, 2009, 05:03:44 PM

Let him make his own mind instead of trying to foist your own bilious opinion on him goddamit !

G.

He asked for opinions, Grallon. :P

And in my opinion, New Caprica sucked only a bit less than Daybreak.  The episodes coming after the discovery of burned-out Earth are actually pretty decent, but they merely lead up to Daybreak, which is worse than Quebecois independence.
Kinemalogue

garbon

G.

I agree with Ide.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2009, 05:13:34 PM

G.

I agree with Ide.

You're not a reference Garbon, you'd agree with anyone to spite someone else.

Petulent to a *T*

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on March 23, 2009, 04:50:57 PM
Oh go away !  :D
It was a terrible choice of name.

Besides, after my victory in the war, I've taken this thread as my personal fief.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on March 23, 2009, 05:14:56 PM

You're not a reference Garbon, you'd agree with anyone to spite someone else.

Petulent to a *T*

G.

Not really. :huh:

And that's rather unlikely as I looked up "Petulent" and it doesn't seem to be a word. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2009, 05:54:17 PM

And that's rather unlikely as I looked up "Petulent" and it doesn't seem to be a word. :(

P-E-T-U-L-A-N-T - my mistake ::)

I've decided what you need is a really good ass pounding !

G.

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on March 23, 2009, 06:04:05 PM
I've decided what you need is a really good ass pounding !

G.

It's been a bit since I've seen your last misogynistic line (assuming what you said is a take off of: Oh that girl is so frigid/up tight. I bet she just needs a good f_ck!). I'd almost you'd become a better person. :o

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2009, 06:15:34 PM
I'd almost you'd become a better person. :o
This doesn't make any sense.

garbon