What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: merithyn on April 22, 2020, 04:49:20 PM
I believe Obama was in office when he finally got his green card

Huh, never figured Meri for a birther.

;)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on April 22, 2020, 04:49:20 PM
I believe Obama was in office when he finally got his green card, but I don't know that for a fact. It was very close timing.

Really? I visited you guys in 2006 and Obama took office in 2009. I didn't think it took that long.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

The Brain

Razgovory

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 23, 2020, 01:55:58 PM
Fully armed, camo-wearing men enter the KY Capitol building... Apparently, umbrellas can be used as a weapon, but semi-automatic firearms cannot.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fully-armed-rally-goers-enter-kentuckys-capitol-building-with-zero-resistance-946606/?fbclid=IwAR1gCgL3FnZNdT4fJLXT06CnlpVTKKJA1h9iRZKY31P2oT7g2K7nWwPOV60

You'd think that a state where armed men once launched a coup, seized a the capital and killed the governor they might be a little more wary of armed men marching through the capital.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Photos only show KY state senators, which is what you'd expect. What am I missing? :huh:

The Larch

Apparently Trump wants the UK to bail out his Scottish golf courses because of their covid19 derived losses.

Caliga

I know I've mentioned that on here before, but yes, you can take guns into the KY Capitol Building as long as you declare them to building security.  I saw someone actually do this once and was flabbergasted.  He walked up to the security checkpoint, pulled a pistol out from a concealed hip holster, and put it in the little tray that they have at metal detectors most people put wallets, cell phones, etc. in.  I was like "oh shit, is this the beginning of the lobby scene in the Matrix, except in real life?" but the guard smiled and said "Good to go!" after he walked through. :wacko:

I am assuming eventually there will be a mass shooting there, and after that they will change that insane rule.

EDIT: Now that I bothered to read the article I see that it describes the above as well.  But I'm here to TESTIFY, MY BROTHERS, that it is the honest to Jeebus truth. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2020, 04:00:03 PM
I am assuming eventually there will be a mass shooting there, and after that they will change wring hands, say vague stuff about "mental illness" and confirm that insane rule.

FYP
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Monoriu

I know I've mentioned that on here before, but yes, you can take guns into the KY Capitol Building as long as you declare them to building security.  I saw someone actually do this once and was flabbergasted.  He walked up to the security checkpoint, pulled a pistol out from a concealed hip holster, and put it in the little tray that they have at metal detectors most people put wallets, cell phones, etc. in.  I was like "oh shit, is this the beginning of the lobby scene in the Matrix, except in real life?" but the guard smiled and said "Good to go!" after he walked through. :wacko:

I am assuming eventually there will be a mass shooting there, and after that they will change that insane rule.

EDIT: Now that I bothered to read the article I see that it describes the above as well.  But I'm here to TESTIFY, MY BROTHERS, that it is the honest to Jeebus truth. :cool:

What's the point of a metal detector if guns can pass?   :wacko:

mongers

Quote from: Monoriu on April 23, 2020, 07:48:40 PM

What's the point of a metal detector if guns can pass?   :wacko:

Doh, in case someone tries to smuggle in a knife, you can imagine how dangerous those could be inside a public building.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

I found these tweets from Cuomo very striking:
QuoteOne of the really dumb ideas of all time just came from Sen. Mitch McConnell.

His suggestion to let states go bankrupt makes no sense.

He says he doesn't want a "Blue State Bailout."

15,000 people died — this is not the time for politics.

Let's talk about fairness, Mitch.

NYS puts $116 billion more into the federal pot than we take out.

Kentucky TAKES $148 billion more from the federal pot than they put in.

But we don't deserve help now because the 15,000 people who died here were predominately democrats?

Again - as with the blue states shipping PPE to each other - it just makes me wonder if politics has broken the US in some way. I'd don't disagree with Cuomo on this, but it's just striking that it's the sort of language that would have me worried about, say, EU solidarity or solidarity between nations in the UK.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 24, 2020, 06:23:42 AM
I found these tweets from Cuomo very striking:
QuoteOne of the really dumb ideas of all time just came from Sen. Mitch McConnell.

His suggestion to let states go bankrupt makes no sense.

He says he doesn't want a "Blue State Bailout."

15,000 people died — this is not the time for politics.

Let's talk about fairness, Mitch.

NYS puts $116 billion more into the federal pot than we take out.

Kentucky TAKES $148 billion more from the federal pot than they put in.

But we don't deserve help now because the 15,000 people who died here were predominately democrats?

Again - as with the blue states shipping PPE to each other - it just makes me wonder if politics has broken the US in some way. I'd don't disagree with Cuomo on this, but it's just striking that it's the sort of language that would have me worried about, say, EU solidarity or solidarity between nations in the UK.

The US is certainly showing early signs of death.

Come back, nutty Russian professor! All is forgiven!! :o