What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Flake is one on record requesting an investigation.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

jimmy olsen

:hmm:

QuoteAs explained here, a party that sounds much like the one Blasey Ford described, with people she said were there AND the boy Ed Whelan accused.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-most-shocking-findings-in-yesterdays-drama
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1045673508305547264

Quote...

Remember that wild Ed Whelan debacle where Kavanaugh's close friend came up with this highly speculative theory which pointed the finger of blame at a classmate named Chris Garrett, now a middle school teacher in Georgia. It turns out he wasn't some random guy from the yearbook. He was apparently one of Kavanaugh's group of friends, seemingly a fairly good friend. He shows up with him in the yearbook and he's referenced repeatedly in Kavanaugh's calendar/diary under the nickname "Squi". Both Blasey Ford and Kavanaugh identified him as such. It turns out that around this time he was also dating Christine Blasey. This is needless to say a pretty clear way the two social worlds came together.

There is in fact a reference to a pre-party get together on July 1st, 1982 in that calendar that sounds a lot like the event Blasey Ford describes. It has Kavanaugh, Mark Judge and at least one ("PJ") of the other boys Blasey Ford said in her initial letter were there. You can see the entry here.

Now, all we can really say based on this bit of evidence is that Kavanaugh clearly was attending parties like the one Blasey Ford described at that time, something that is not at all incriminating in itself but which is nevertheless something Kavanaugh has denied. But there is actually more suggestive evidence. And the best walk through it comes in a series of article yesterday by the Post's Philip Bump. Here is one on information in Mark Judge's book which appears to confirm one element of Blasey Ford's account. Here is a second one. And here is the one specifically about this party. As Bump notes, coincidentally or not, it was after Rachel Mitchell's questioning on this party that her participation in the hearing abruptly ended.

I don't believe it is coincidental that the man Ed Whelan chose to publicly accuse, apparently working in concert Leonard Leo of The Federalist Society and quite possibly Kavanaugh himself, happened to be someone who was actually a good friend of Kavanaugh's and happened to be dating Blasey Ford at around the same time. There is a connection here.

The relevant point for us is not that this is necessarily the date that the incident happened or that we could get closer to corroboration or exoneration based on these details. It is that there is an obvious place to start for the FBI to review these details as part of a reopened background check.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Wow

https://twitter.com/jbenton/status/1045798556018364416
QuoteRestraint in not using his name was admirable when his main role in the case seemed to be Guy Who Ed Whelan Falsely Called a Likely Attempted Rapist.

But that's not his main role anymore! He's the *friend of Kavanaugh's* who *dated Ford* that summer AND was at the July 1 party!

3:13 PM - 28 Sep 2018

When Kavanaugh is claiming to have no idea who Ford is, he was hanging out all the time with HER BOYFRIEND throughout the summer of 1982!

(Kavanaugh testified that Chris Garrett is the "Squi" in the famous July 1 calendar entry.)

(I should note maybe "boyfriend" is too strong. Ford testified Thursday that she "went out with [Garrett] for a few months" but wasn't "dating" him. I leave the analysis of 1980s teen relationship labeling to others.)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

If the FBI clears Kavanaugh, all is good.  If not, it is further proof that the FBI is part of the Deep State/a tool of the Democrats/corrupt/needs to be overhauled.  It's a win-win for Trump and co.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 28, 2018, 11:16:12 PM
If the FBI clears Kavanaugh, all is good.  If not, it is further proof that the FBI is part of the Deep State/a tool of the Democrats/corrupt/needs to be overhauled.  It's a win-win for Trump and co.

For who?  The 20% of Trump bitter enders?

Those looking for closure from the FBI investigation will be bitterly disappointed IMO.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2018, 01:29:17 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 28, 2018, 11:16:12 PM

For who?  The 20% of Trump bitter enders?

Those looking for closure from the FBI investigation will be bitterly disappointed IMO.
The 20% of Trump bitter enders seem to be able to make the 50% of Republicans in general do whatever they like, so ultimately where lies the difference these days?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

celedhring

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on September 30, 2018, 05:07:38 AM

Those must've been some steamy letters.

That's not news, he falls in love with every authoritarian he meets.

The Larch

Quote from: frunk on September 30, 2018, 05:51:17 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 30, 2018, 05:07:38 AM

Those must've been some steamy letters.

That's not news, he falls in love with every authoritarian he meets.

Kim Jong Un or Kim Kardashian?  :hmm:

Solmyr

Won't Putin get jealous? Or are they planning a threesome?