Sarah Palin resigns Governorship to gear up for 2012

Started by Phillip V, July 03, 2009, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 01:03:58 PM
Never in the history of politics has a politician done so little in such a short period of time and still have some prospect of becoming President of the United States.

Fixed that for you.

garbon

Never in the history of politics has a politician done so little in such a short period of time to earn so much deranged hatred from the MSM and the Democrats (but I repeat myself) as Sarah Palin has.

She acted like a self-righteous idiot. She deserves condemnation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2009, 01:06:36 PM
I never knew that I was a religious fundamentalist. :o

I didnt include the categorie of political idiot.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 06, 2009, 01:07:52 PM
I didnt include the categorie of political idiot.

:yawn:

Actually I just realized that my family must be chock full of idiots or religious fundamentalists. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Never in the history of politics has a politician done so little in such a short period of time to earn so much deranged hatred from the MSM and the Democrats (but I repeat myself) as Sarah Palin has.

Not surprising that she would withdraw from politics rather than have herself and her family subjected to any more of the skurrilous conspiracy theories and character assassinations.

Says the dude who calls every single Democratic figure of any prominence dangerously idiotic or treasonous or both or worse.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 01:01:35 PM
What would an "effectual" VP candidate been?

Be a positive influence on the campaign?  Neither Biden nor Palin were very effective but at least Biden did no harm.

The difference being nobody consider Biden a future presidential candidate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2009, 01:08:38 PM
Actually I just realized that my family must be chock full of idiots or religious fundamentalists. :o

They say that genetics does play an important role in intelligence.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 06, 2009, 01:13:41 PM
They say that genetics does play an important role in intelligence.

How sad.  Although, not surprising that you'd leap to idea that people must be delusional and/or crazy not to agree with your views.

Berkut

I am starting to wonder if it is the left that keeps going on about Palin, and keeping her name as this faux candidate alive.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Kleves

I think there's something to that. Certainly, I think she threatened some deeply ingrained stereotypes of Republicans (ie old, white, male) and drew some flak for that.

She was also, however, entirely unfit for public offices; something she proved everything she opened her mouth. Her campaign quickly descended into farce, even without Tina Fey's help.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 06, 2009, 01:00:15 PM
Just in case there was one rational person left in the US who thought she was fit for an office higher than Matanuska-Susitna Aerial Wolf Gunner, she apparently authorized her attorney to issue a press-release (!) threatening to bring defamation lawsuits against her detractors.

I encourage all to read:   http://www.politico.com/static/PPM124_release_for_7-4-09-1.html.   It is a leading candidate for best unintentional comedy writing for 2009.

All gone.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on July 06, 2009, 01:15:43 PM
I am starting to wonder if it is the left that keeps going on about Palin, and keeping her name as this faux candidate alive.

That would be smart of them.

Therefore I doubt it.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on July 06, 2009, 01:15:43 PM

Valmy beat me to it.  The problem with consipiracy theories is that they usually give way to much credit to the intelligence of those accused of the conspiracy.

Vince

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2009, 12:36:38 PM
I just do not get the right wing love affair with Palin.  Surely the election showed how ineffectual she was.

Do they WANT to lose the next election?  Or will alot of them just take a religious loony, any religious loony to rally behind?

Well from what I've read she's popular in the south she'll be wanted to speak at rallies for GOP candidates over the next few years. 

So she'll essentially be a glorified cheerleader.  That probably suits her.

Razgovory

Not surprising that she would withdraw from politics rather than have herself and her family subjected to any more of the skurrilous conspiracy theories and character assassinations.

I'm suprised you'd even stick up for her.  She didn't even go Bush in 2000.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017