Sarah Palin resigns Governorship to gear up for 2012

Started by Phillip V, July 03, 2009, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Quote from: Phillip V on July 03, 2009, 03:23:01 PM
Your underestimation will be your doom.

Palin-Cheney 2012: the Empire Strikes Back.

Barrister

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 03, 2009, 03:22:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 03, 2009, 03:08:05 PM
I still like Palin, but WTF?

I can see not running for a second term (although even then that sounds like a good idea to continue to build credibility).  But to simply resign?  Why?

Maybe she's not actually planning on running for anything.  She's gotten an incredible amount of vitriol thrown at her, maybe it's getting too much.

It's always possible.  But in that case I'd love to see her give a big F U to the news media for the way she (and more importantly her family) has been treated.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 03, 2009, 03:26:51 PM
Good for her.

And good for Alaska.  Everyone can rest a little easier now that Peggy Hill no longer has any political office.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Fate

Quote from: Barrister on July 03, 2009, 03:24:32 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 03, 2009, 03:22:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 03, 2009, 03:08:05 PM
I still like Palin, but WTF?

I can see not running for a second term (although even then that sounds like a good idea to continue to build credibility).  But to simply resign?  Why?

Maybe she's not actually planning on running for anything.  She's gotten an incredible amount of vitriol thrown at her, maybe it's getting too much.

It's always possible.  But in that case I'd love to see her give a big F U to the news media for the way she (and more importantly her family) has been treated.

Palin's the one who put the her family in the national spotlight. She brought us such national gems as: OMG I HAS A RETURD BABI and LOL ABSTINENCE WORKS. Then there's the whole secessionist husband aspect. Can it really get any better?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on July 03, 2009, 02:59:13 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 03, 2009, 02:56:11 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 03, 2009, 02:55:32 PM
Indeed.  I agree with her on many things

You ought to be more careful of what you post on the internet. :P
:lol:

I'm pretty sure my advocacy of the execution of all those who oppose me would be a bit more serious, were my internet life and my public life to intertwine.  Or maybe my elaborate plans to cure homosexuals with genetic treatment and fire.

Nope, I have never warned you about those excesses.  Your recent statement is beyond the pale.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on July 03, 2009, 03:28:06 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 03, 2009, 03:26:51 PM
Good for her.

And good for Alaska.  Everyone can rest a little easier now that Peggy Hill no longer has any political office.

Peggy Hill was hot.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 03, 2009, 03:30:23 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 03, 2009, 02:59:13 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 03, 2009, 02:56:11 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 03, 2009, 02:55:32 PM
Indeed.  I agree with her on many things

You ought to be more careful of what you post on the internet. :P
:lol:

I'm pretty sure my advocacy of the execution of all those who oppose me would be a bit more serious, were my internet life and my public life to intertwine.  Or maybe my elaborate plans to cure homosexuals with genetic treatment and fire.

Nope, I have never warned you about those excesses.  Your recent statement is beyond the pale.
Really?  I don't think it's that bad.  I mean, I could agree with her on her slaughtering-gays platform, but not her breeding her daughter with hillbilly meth-addicts policy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on July 03, 2009, 03:45:25 PM
Really?  I don't think it's that bad.  I mean, I could agree with her on her slaughtering-gays platform, but not her breeding her daughter with hillbilly meth-addicts policy.

I'm just trying to give you a some friendly advice.  If you dont see the downside to making those kinds of admissions then there is not much more I can do.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 03, 2009, 03:49:27 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 03, 2009, 03:45:25 PM

I'm just trying to give you a some friendly advice.  If you dont see the downside to making those kinds of admissions then there is not much more I can do.
I'm safe to say those sorts of things.  Remember, I don't live in the People's Republic.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

MadBurgerMaker

From her speech, it doesn't really sound like she's "gearing up" for anything except hanging out with her family and such.

Edit:  She inhales very loudly.  "blahblahblah" *HUGE BREATH* "blahblahblah" *HUGE BREATH*

DGuller

I hope she's not terminally ill, because that would make us all feel like crap.

Razgovory

Listening to her speech she doesn't make a lot of sense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017