Sarah Palin resigns Governorship to gear up for 2012

Started by Phillip V, July 03, 2009, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Quote from: Sarah PalinI know exactly when to pass the ball so the team can win.
SARAH BARRACUDA! :w00t:

Barrister

I still like Palin, but WTF?

I can see not running for a second term (although even then that sounds like a good idea to continue to build credibility).  But to simply resign?  Why?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Phillip V

Quote from: Barrister on July 03, 2009, 03:08:05 PM

I can see not running for a second term (although even then that sounds like a good idea to continue to build credibility).  But to simply resign?  Why?
We know we can effect positive change outside of government.

Fate

:lol:

This woman was about to become Vice President?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I guess in a few days we'll find out why she really resigned.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Fate

Quote from: Razgovory on July 03, 2009, 03:15:04 PM
I guess in a few days we'll find out why she really resigned.

She's the real Argentinean. You know how wild all those Republican Governors Association meetings are.

Neil

Quote from: Phillip V on July 03, 2009, 03:07:19 PM
Quote from: Sarah PalinI know exactly when to pass the ball so the team can win.
SARAH BARRACUDA! :w00t:
The way for the team to win is for her to sit on the bench.  She's like a fifth safety for Team GOP.  The only way she should be on the field is if someone goes down on special teams.  And even then, she shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the ball.  At best, she's a gunner.  More likely, she's going to get cut, and she'd be lucky to be the waterboy.

Maybe she can be quarterback for one of the smaller parties, like the Libertarians or the Constitution Party.  Insanity is what those guys live for.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

It'd be awesome if she did run. Not only will Obama have a stress free campaign for a second term but we'd have a fun time watching it.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

She sounded really nervous when she was speaking.  There's something up here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DisturbedPervert

Maybe she's not actually planning on running for anything.  She's gotten an incredible amount of vitriol thrown at her, maybe it's getting too much.

Phillip V

Razgovory

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 03, 2009, 03:22:11 PM

Maybe she's not actually planning on running for anything.  She's gotten an incredible amount of vitriol thrown at her, maybe it's getting too much.

I wonder if that might be it.  Just doesn't have the nerve.