Sarah Palin resigns Governorship to gear up for 2012

Started by Phillip V, July 03, 2009, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Sounds like she is really only doing this because she feels some vague obligation to run again. 

Just sounds more and more bizarre.
PDH!

Martinus

I think it's extremely intellectually dishonest to accuse the media of being hard on her family or private life. Her family is a train wreck, but most journalists wouldn't dig too deep in that if she didn't choose herself to parade them in front of cameras for political gain. She was selling her retarded whore of a daughter as an "abstinence advocate" for fucks sake.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 06, 2009, 05:55:21 PM
Cal is passed out at BP right now, face down on the hot dog machine.
The BP doesn't have a hot dog machine. ^_^
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 03:40:23 PM
The GOP rallied around her for three reasons: First, she is HOTT.  Second, she has been a reform republican quite outside the mold of the inside-the-beltway establishment GOP.  And most importantly, she was hated by all the right people.  It is that last factor that has been her greatest benefit to date.

No the GOP that has rallied around her have because she is a Pentecostal with conservative social views that made them feel better about voting McCain.  Beyond that the rest of your reasons are not good enough for me to support her.

And please she did plenty enough to look ridiculous on her own without the dreaded evil MSM doing anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2009, 07:58:18 AM
I think it's extremely intellectually dishonest to accuse the media of being hard on her family or private life. Her family is a train wreck, but most journalists wouldn't dig too deep in that if she didn't choose herself to parade them in front of cameras for political gain. She was selling her retarded whore of a daughter as an "abstinence advocate" for fucks sake.
The media would have gone after her family anyway, but yeah you're right in that she was asking for it in trying to use them publicly to help define her.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 07, 2009, 08:04:25 AM
The media would have gone after her family anyway, but yeah you're right in that she was asking for it in trying to use them publicly to help define her.

Yeah well if you are going to do the whole social conservative thing you need them for your political credentials.  Pity they weren't a very good political family.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 08:06:02 AMYeah well if you are going to do the whole social conservative thing you need them for your political credentials.  Pity they weren't a very good political family.
These days, it seems like a safe assumption that if you try to use "family values" as part of your platform, your own family life is ironically going to be a trainwreck.  :)

KRonn

Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2009, 07:58:18 AM
I'd agree but it seems that all the candidates had their families out there during the campaign. Just what they do - show the family, no biggie. I'd be just as annoyed if the the kids of Biden, McCain, Obama were trashed. I guess it could be argued that Palin did more with family in the campaign, but then, she was also just coming on the national scene so her family, life and habits in Alaska, were in the media a lot more.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 07, 2009, 08:07:42 AM
These days, it seems like a safe assumption that if you try to use "family values" as part of your platform, your own family life is ironically going to be a trainwreck.  :)

To be fair most families have trainwrecks.  I think my family is as stable as they come but heaven help us if we suddenly came under media scrutiny.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 08:12:09 AM
To be fair most families have trainwrecks.  I think my family is as stable as they come but heaven help us if we suddenly came under media scrutiny.
I don't disagree.  I just think if you're going to make family values a part of your platform, your family better be the fucking Cleavers.  Otherwise, be a Dem or left-leaning Republican.  :cool:

Berkut

What is such a trainwreck about her family life?

And hwo did she use it politically, at least insofar as they then "deserved it", whatever "it" is?

She has a family, they stand around when she is speaking sometimes...kind of like every single politicians family. Like, say for example, President Obama.

And what is this about "selling" her "whore" of a daughter? I don't recall her daughter being a prostitute, although I guess that would suggest something of a train wreck. I certainly do not recall her daughter claiming to be an "abstinence advocate", perhaps I missed that along with her turning tricks?

The irony of Marty slandering someone else on sexual grounds (much less sexual promiscuity grounds) would be funny if it wasn't so trite and common.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 08:14:16 AM
The irony of Marty slandering someone else on sexual grounds (much less sexual promiscuity grounds) would be funny if it wasn't so trite and common.

Nothing particularly ironic about Marty pointing out that the same sort of people who call him out as being immoral are not exactly paragons of virtue by their own standards.

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on July 07, 2009, 08:13:42 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 08:12:09 AM
I don't disagree.  I just think if you're going to make family values a part of your platform, your family better be the fucking Cleavers.  Otherwise, be a Dem or left-leaning Republican.  :cool:

Every single politician in America makes "family values" part of their platform. I cannot think of a single one that claims that family values are not important.

I am still confused as to why Palins family is so much more a train wreck than anyone elses. Is this all about her daughter have a child out of marriage? Isn't that bitch a bit outdated these days?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 08:14:16 AM
What is such a trainwreck about her family life?

And hwo did she use it politically, at least insofar as they then "deserved it", whatever "it" is?

You don't understand.  Her daughter is a whore and she gives birth to retarded babies that should have been aborted.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 08:15:53 AM
I am still confused as to why Palins family is so much more a train wreck than anyone elses. Is this all about her daughter have a child out of marriage? Isn't that bitch a bit outdated these days?

I think it is about advancing how abstinence only education is the way to go and then...whoops.  Egg on face.  Context is important here.

There is nothing particularly unusual about her family.  I think that was the point I just made.