Sarah Palin resigns Governorship to gear up for 2012

Started by Phillip V, July 03, 2009, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 07, 2009, 08:27:35 AM
Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 08:23:43 AM
McCain had a granddaughter that was pretty prominent, and certainly Obamas family was paraded in front of the cameras at every opportunity. I don't think there is a choice here - if you are a politician, your family is going to be on camera whether you like it or not. If you are ancient, and don't have young children, your fam will get something of a break, I guess.

But really. The bush daughters, Clintons kid, the Obamas, they are all going to be seen.
This is one of the biggest differences between UK and US politics.  I can think of maybe 5 photos of Blair or Brown with their children in the press and only 1-2 for Cameron.  Here the rule is if you keep you family private then the press'll generally respect that (unless they get caught drunk and disorderly like Euan Blair) and if you take them public you'll get slammed for using them.

Then, in this country, when a politician brings out the children it's almost certain he's asking the press to 'respect his privacy' after he's been caught having an affair.

I wish it worked that way here.

But then, I think "family values" are generally just code words for "We would like to stick our nose into your sex life".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 08:30:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2009, 08:26:54 AM
Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 08:14:16 AM
I certainly do not recall her daughter claiming to be an "abstinence advocate"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/5288179/Bristol-Palin-campaigns-for-teenage-abstinence.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-05-06-palin-teen-sex_N.htm

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=7510385&page=1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/06/bristol-palin-says-abstin_n_197597.html

I could easily come up with more links for this.

Ahh, so the fact that she said abstinence is the best way to avoid pregnancy, and she wishes she had waited to have sex is the reason you have morally decided she is a "retarded whore" whose mother "sells her"?

Gotcha.

Well, she is a retarded whore for not knowing how to use contraceptives.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 07, 2009, 08:30:20 AM
Hell, at times on Languish there would be a dozen Palin threads on the front page.

Those were dark days at Languish. Fatetard-ism was at its height, with the occasional Countmoveon.org appearance.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Hell, at times on Languish there would be a dozen Palin threads on the front page.

Seriously?  Wow we are sad sad little men.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 07, 2009, 08:32:49 AM
Those were dark days at Languish. Fatetard-ism was at its height, with the occasional Countmoveon.org appearance.

I quiver at the horror of such a depraved era.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 08:33:00 AM

No, just the ones who thought that the best way to attack McCain was to call his running mates daughter a "retarded whore".

0 rows returned

Fate

No. What a bunch of revisionist history. There was a GOP oriented mega thread and a Democrat oriented mega thread.

Sheilbh

She was entirely new.  A dozen threads on Obama, Biden or McCain wouldn't have added much new information in September.  No-one really knew much about Palin then, except for BBoy and maybe Hans (who has a GOP-taint as I believe he picked her and Sanford as future stars/candidates), so she was more interesting.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 05:24:18 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 06, 2009, 05:19:51 PM
I thought we have already established that you are mentally challenged, though. You are that Korean soldier person, right? I don't have good memory for newbish nicknames.
I've been on Languish longer than you've been gay.

:face:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2009, 08:31:28 AM
Well, she is a retarded whore for not knowing how to use contraceptives.

Contraceptives (well condoms and such) don't work 100% of the time.  Of course birth control pills are a different matter so if she was going to be having sex...but I digress.

But I think just the very idea of breeding is so horrid to you, you are just flailing out in blind rage now.

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2009, 08:26:54 AM
Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 08:14:16 AM
I certainly do not recall her daughter claiming to be an "abstinence advocate"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/5288179/Bristol-Palin-campaigns-for-teenage-abstinence.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-05-06-palin-teen-sex_N.htm

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=7510385&page=1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/06/bristol-palin-says-abstin_n_197597.html

I could easily come up with more links for this.

All of those links are from after the campaign, and there have been some stories that Bristol Palin went behind her mother's back to set up at least the first interviews.

I don't think Palin had much choice during the campaign: every politician has to roll his or her family out, and in Palin's case she would either have to try to hide Bristol or allow her and her boyfriend to be front and center. The former would have made her seem like an embarrassed parent with 1950s values.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Fate on July 07, 2009, 08:37:44 AM
No. What a bunch of revisionist history. There was a GOP oriented mega thread and a Democrat oriented mega thread.

Bull fucking shit.  At one point I counted 32 separate Sarah Palin threads.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 08:35:02 AM

I armored myself in my own righteousness. How the rest of you plebs survived the era of shit, I don't know.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 08:35:02 AM

Hardly depraved at all. Entertaining and lively are appropriate descriptions of the primary and pre-election period.

Now all we have to talk about are retard whore daughters of washed up VP candidates.

Berkut

It's funny, I am trying to find the evidence of Bristol Palins idiocy in regards to contraception.

From the links Marty provided but clearly did not read, her position is that abstinence is the only certain method of birth control, as her own example makes clear, since she did in fact use condoms "most of the time" and she also stated that it is "not at all realistic" to expect that teens won't have sex. Most of her activism has been centered, as far as I can tell, around pregnancy awareness.

I am guessing that the people who are going after this young woman on anonymous message boards don't have a fraction of her courage. Anyone think Marty or Fate would have the balls to call her a "retarded whore" to her face?

0 rows returned