Sarah Palin resigns Governorship to gear up for 2012

Started by Phillip V, July 03, 2009, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 03:51:53 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 06, 2009, 03:49:35 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 03:34:24 PM
Oh, she acted like Obama, or virtually every other politician who has ever run for office.

No.  Palin acted like a complete idiot.  Nobody comes close.  Well maybe Mr. Potatoe.

Please, nobody in all of the nation acts dumber than Joe Biden.

Perhaps, but there are plenty of people who are dumber then Joe Biden.  Palin just happens to be one of them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2009, 03:52:09 PM

Even you don't believe that.  Getting asked "what kind of magaizines do you read" is hardly a tough question.

Apparently it can be.

And the "MSM" sure didn't make her look like an ignorant dumbass during the VP debate. She did that all by herself.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Phillip V

Even you don't believe that.  Getting asked "what kind of magaizines do you read" is hardly a tough question.
Just like you tell everybody about Languish when asked about internet usage.

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 03:55:40 PM

I don't go anywhere so nobody asks me questions.  But if someone were to ask what I look at on the internet I doubt I give cliche's about freedom of expression and then say "all of it" or "any of it".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Phillip V

Quote from: saskganesh on July 06, 2009, 03:40:45 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 02:21:59 PM
I refuse to believe Obama's election was as easy many would have you believe. He was damn lucky.

no. he worked very damn hard and had a better campaign.
An old gaffe-prone candidate with 10 houses and abandoned his first wife, unpopular incumbent GOP, disastrous wars, scandals, Hurricane Katrina, etc., and Obama with pools of money and staff could not finally establish a clear lead in the polls until the economy crashed in October? Meh.

Fate

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 03:40:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2009, 02:41:34 PM
McCain won the polls in September after he selected Palin and electrified the country.

Um...that was when she was an unknown and the MSM hadn't gone into overdrive creating a fake image of her to smear her with.

Fixed that for ye.  McCain of course made matters worse by first locking her away and letting the msm spin define the narrative, and then throwing her to the wolves by setting her up for interviews with the same hostile MSM that had originally defamed her.  Gross incompetence on the McCain campaign.

The GOP rallied around her for three reasons: First, she is HOTT.  Second, she has been a reform republican quite outside the mold of the inside-the-beltway establishment GOP.  And most importantly, she was hated by all the right people.  It is that last factor that has been her greatest benefit to date.

It's a clear example of classism in the MSM. Not everyone a generation away from poor white trash has the ability to read magazines.

Phillip V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2009, 03:59:59 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 03:55:40 PM

I don't go anywhere so nobody asks me questions.  But if someone were to ask what I look at on the internet I doubt I give cliche's about freedom of expression and then say "all of it" or "any of it".
Thanks for explaining how you would not answer your own hypothetical question.

Fate

Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 04:00:39 PM
I refuse to believe Obama's election was as easy many would have you believe. He was damn lucky.

An old gaffe-prone candidate with 10 houses and abandoned his first wife, unpopular incumbent GOP, disastrous wars, scandals, Hurricane Katrina, etc., and Obama with pools of money and staff could not finally establish a clear lead in the polls until the economy crashed in October? Meh.
The wife thing is stepping into Fireblade territory. Not even the moral majority gave a rat's ass. The amount of scandals going on was nothing special and effected both parties. Iraq was going relatively well for the entire pre-election period.

Let's not forget Obama's connections to the Wright/Ayers/Farrakhan tripartite of evil, his mooslimb middle name, "bitter", "cling to guns and religion", etc...

Phillip V

Answering a question of tastes in literature, musics, movies, etc. is no simple task. Judgments of identity are quickly gleaned from such answers.

For example, when courting a female, it is much easier to establish a connection if you share the same interests and can later take her to a concert or movie.
Blacks determine if I am black enough for them if they notice I listen to hip hop. Whereas old white folk fear me if they catch me playing that shit.
Meanwhile, hicks warm up to me, and we sing along to country music. I am no longer a "threatening minority" to them.

Do you remember in school the nerds who walk around with their big books/novels in between classes trying to look pretentious or perhaps oblivious?

Thus, it is no simple matter when someone asks you about books, music, or what you watch. They will categorize you, and Palin obviously was not coached in how to respond to such "simple" questions.

Ed Anger

For example, when courting a female, it is much easier to establish a connection if you share the same interests and can later take her to a concert or movie.

You can't even smile at one.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fate

It seems the resignation of Palin has sent conservatards off the deep end:

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 04:00:39 PM

His own advisors thought the race was over in September.  McCain got a bump from the convention but they all knew it wasn't going to last.  McCain struggled the whole time due to lack of coherent strategy.  When he was stupified by the economic crash it only sealed the deal.

Martinus

Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 04:13:27 PM
Answering a question of tastes in literature, musics, movies, etc. is no simple task. Judgments of identity are quickly gleaned from such answers.

Blacks determine if I am black enough for them if they notice I listen to hip hop. Whereas old white folk fear me if they catch me playing that shit.
Meanwhile, hicks warm up to me, and we sing along to country music. I am no longer a "threatening minority" to them.

Do you remember in school the nerds who walk around with their big books/novels in between classes trying to look pretentious or perhaps oblivious?

Thus, it is no simple matter when someone asks you about books, music, or what you watch. They will categorize you, and Palin obviously was not coached in how to respond to such "simple" questions.

I thought we have already established that you are mentally challenged, though. You are that Korean soldier person, right? I don't have good memory for newbish nicknames.

Phillip V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2009, 05:11:58 PM
His own advisors thought the race was over in September.  McCain got a bump from the convention but they all knew it wasn't going to last.  McCain struggled the whole time due to lack of coherent strategy.  When he was stupified by the economic crash it only sealed the deal.
Which continues my point: if the GOP nominee and situation sucked so bad, why did Obama not win in a landslide?

Phillip V

Quote from: Martinus on July 06, 2009, 05:19:51 PM
I thought we have already established that you are mentally challenged, though. You are that Korean soldier person, right? I don't have good memory for newbish nicknames.
I've been on Languish longer than you've been gay.