Sarah Palin resigns Governorship to gear up for 2012

Started by Phillip V, July 03, 2009, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Vince on July 06, 2009, 01:20:38 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2009, 12:36:38 PM
I just do not get the right wing love affair with Palin.  Surely the election showed how ineffectual she was.

Do they WANT to lose the next election?  Or will alot of them just take a religious loony, any religious loony to rally behind?

Well from what I've read she's popular in the south she'll be wanted to speak at rallies for GOP candidates over the next few years. 

So she'll be a glorified cheerleader.  That probably suits her.

This is probably right. None of the polls show her as anything more than a middle of the pack candidate in GOP primaries atm. I don't think the GOP wants her as much as some people make it seem.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 06, 2009, 01:22:47 PM
This is probably right. None of the polls show her as anything more than a middle of the pack candidate in GOP primaries atm. I don't think the GOP wants her as much as some people make it seem.
I don't think the public hates her as much as some people make it seem.

McCain won the polls in September after he selected Palin and electrified the country. Then, the stockmarket crashed by the end of the month, and he lost. I refuse to believe Obama's election was as easy many would have you believe. He was damn lucky.

Sheilbh

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 06, 2009, 01:22:47 PMThis is probably right. None of the polls show her as anything more than a middle of the pack candidate in GOP primaries atm. I don't think the GOP wants her as much as some people make it seem.
I don't think the GOP wants anyone at the minute.  Understandably given that the next Presidential election isn't for another 3 years.  My impression, though, is that her support in the GOP is a bit like her nationwide appeal.  I think she's got incredibly passionate supporters, but not across a broad base.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 02:21:59 PM
McCain won the polls in September after he selected Palin and electrified the country.

Um...that was when she was an unknown and had not opened her mouth yet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Electrified?  More like horrified.  McCain the mighty maverick chose a wretched creature of the Christian right as his running mate.  Just dreadful.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Hansmeister

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2009, 01:07:30 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 01:03:58 PM
Never in the history of politics has a politician done so little in such a short period of time to earn so much deranged hatred from the MSM and the Democrats (but I repeat myself) as Sarah Palin has.

She acted like a self-righteous idiot. She deserves condemnation.

Oh, she acted like Obama, or virtually every other politician who has ever run for office.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2009, 02:41:34 PM
McCain won the polls in September after he selected Palin and electrified the country.

Um...that was when she was an unknown and the MSM hadn't gone into overdrive creating a fake image of her to smear her with.

Fixed that for ye.  McCain of course made matters worse by first locking her away and letting the msm spin define the narrative, and then throwing her to the wolves by setting her up for interviews with the same hostile MSM that had originally defamed her.  Gross incompetence on the McCain campaign.

The GOP rallied around her for three reasons: First, she is HOTT.  Second, she has been a reform republican quite outside the mold of the inside-the-beltway establishment GOP.  And most importantly, she was hated by all the right people.  It is that last factor that has been her greatest benefit to date.

Neil

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 03:34:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2009, 01:07:30 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 01:03:58 PM
Never in the history of politics has a politician done so little in such a short period of time to earn so much deranged hatred from the MSM and the Democrats (but I repeat myself) as Sarah Palin has.

She acted like a self-righteous idiot. She deserves condemnation.

Oh, she acted like Obama, or virtually every other politician who has ever run for office.
Obama deserves condemnation.  Virtually every other politician who has ever run for office deserves condemnation.

Nixon was better than any of them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

I refuse to believe Obama's election was as easy many would have you believe. He was damn lucky.

no. he worked very damn hard and had a better campaign.
humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

No.  Palin acted like a complete idiot.  Nobody comes close.  Well maybe Mr. Potatoe.

HVC

Has news leaked that the youngest is now knocked up or something? Seems lieka  weird move by Palin.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Hansmeister

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 06, 2009, 03:49:35 PM

No.  Palin acted like a complete idiot.  Nobody comes close.  Well maybe Mr. Potatoe.

Please, nobody in all of the nation acts dumber than Joe Biden.

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 03:40:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2009, 02:41:34 PM

Um...that was when she was an unknown and the MSM hadn't gone into overdrive creating a fake image of her to smear her with.

Fixed that for ye.  McCain of course made matters worse by first locking her away and letting the msm spin define the narrative, and then throwing her to the wolves by setting her up for interviews with the same hostile MSM that had originally defamed her.  Gross incompetence on the McCain campaign.

The GOP rallied around her for three reasons: First, she is HOTT.  Second, she has been a reform republican quite outside the mold of the inside-the-beltway establishment GOP.  And most importantly, she was hated by all the right people.  It is that last factor that has been her greatest benefit to date.

Even you don't believe that.  Getting asked "what kind of magaizines do you read" is hardly a tough question.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017