Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Richard Hakluyt

I think a lot of Labour members are anti-semitic. They are so outraged by Israel that their hatred crosses a line and starts to extend to Israelis and Jews more generally. It requires clear thinking to separate dislike of Israel's actions and anti-semitism, clear thinking is in very short supply in the UK right now.

For balance I would also say that much of the Tory membership is Islamophobic. Again there are many valid criticisms to be made of Islam and Muslim countries, once again it is easy to cross the line and dislike/hate muslims generally. I see Johnson's statement about burkas as a fairly transparent move to garner support amongst the Tory party membership; as I've said before there are only about 70,000 of these and many of them are elderly xenophobes, but they could easily have input into the choice of the next Tory leader.

Iormlund

Quote from: Tamas on August 08, 2018, 03:53:38 AM
Boris continues to position himself as the British Trump ...

Far too articulate and educated for that comparison.

Tamas

Quote from: Iormlund on August 08, 2018, 09:01:31 AM

Which makes it far worse.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on August 08, 2018, 09:13:52 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on August 08, 2018, 09:01:31 AM

Which makes it far worse.

:yes:

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: mongers on August 07, 2018, 07:30:44 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 07, 2018, 07:27:55 PM
Yeah keep telling yourself they're just like us.

I think most of them aren't like you, the ones you fear and warn against seem to be quite similar to yourself.

Yeah go visit the Middle East some time.

Valmy

Yeah I am never going anywhere east of Bulgaria and west of India.

Pity because there are plenty of places I would like to see there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 08, 2018, 09:56:20 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 07, 2018, 07:30:44 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 07, 2018, 07:27:55 PM
Yeah keep telling yourself they're just like us.

I think most of them aren't like you, the ones you fear and warn against seem to be quite similar to yourself.

Yeah go visit the Middle East some time.

But you said the problem is here in the West.  Why would I travel to the Middle East when I can just talk to my neighbours to see if your condemnation of all Muslims is accurate?

Zoupa

I've been to the middle east plenty of time.

Grow a pair, talk to people and you'll have the time of your life. All this fear-mongering is cowardice disguised.

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 PM

Grow a pair, talk to people and you'll have the time of your life. All this fear-mongering is cowardice disguised.

Well my parents went to Turkey and there was a terrorist attack at a train-station the day after they were there. And then most of our friends there got arrested by the government. All that happened. That was not fear-mongering.

I mean bravery is fine and all but why be brave going on a fucking vacation? Besides there are plenty of other places I would like to visit that do not involve reckless risks that would harm my family. Hey if I die sight-seeing will you take care of my kids?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Well, now you get to tell Otto where to go.  Fair's fair.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

No, it's a reflection on the fact Islam and Muslims are evil. I don't want to be around, or associate with evil people. If I was around a bunch of Nazis they might not have any reason to attack me, but I have no desire to be around them.

crazy canuck

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 08, 2018, 03:57:52 PM

No, it's a reflection on the fact Islam and Muslims are evil.

That isn't true, but something else on display in your post is truly evil.

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 08, 2018, 03:57:52 PM

No, it's a reflection on the fact Islam and Muslims are evil. I don't want to be around, or associate with evil people.

Yet you live in Virginia...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

Quote from: Valmy on August 08, 2018, 02:40:56 PM

Well my parents went to Turkey and there was a terrorist attack at a train-station the day after they were there. And then most of our friends there got arrested by the government. All that happened. That was not fear-mongering.

I mean bravery is fine and all but why be brave going on a fucking vacation? Besides there are plenty of other places I would like to visit that do not involve reckless risks that would harm my family. Hey if I die sight-seeing will you take care of my kids?

I'm not saying take reckless risks. I know locals there so obviously that helps since my arabic is barely enough to order food. And to be fair that was some mighty bad luck/timing about your parents.

I'm not saying go visit Yemen these days, I'm not suicidal/stupid. Anyways. I'm just saying. Beyrouth rocks, and the chiquitas are fine.

OttoVonBismarck

Yeah keep hugging the Muzzies

Otto will be taking some time off for posting links to hate sites and for posting scenes of death and dismemberment