And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2011, 02:42:33 PM
I know a dude who just got this:

http://www.shelfreliance.com/one-year-deluxe-food-storage-package-br-family-of-five.html

I'd tell y'all more about the Cookout of the Survivalists, but not in an open forum.

Why does the guy want to plan on giving his family a diet worse than that of someone living in Eritrea for a whole year, in the event of a disaster ? :unsure: 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on August 22, 2011, 03:21:23 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2011, 02:42:33 PM
I know a dude who just got this:

http://www.shelfreliance.com/one-year-deluxe-food-storage-package-br-family-of-five.html

I'd tell y'all more about the Cookout of the Survivalists, but not in an open forum.

Why does the guy want to plan on giving his family a diet worse than that of someone living in Eritrea for a whole year, in the event of a disaster ? :unsure:

It beats not eating. These folks are HARDCORE.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 22, 2011, 02:37:23 PM
Looks like DSK's charges are getting dropped.

Has the case: DSK-lated?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Is America ready for a non-Christian President? :o
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

For existantialist parents:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I have just read that the Polish government is planning to nationalize their private pension funds, just like they did in Hungary :nelson:

DGuller

Woo-hoo, earthquake.  Lots of people panicked at work.  Pussies.  I figured that if our building would fall down, it would do so before I would make it down on the ground, so I just kept shaking in my seat.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2011, 12:57:18 PM
Woo-hoo, earthquake.  Lots of people panicked at work.  Pussies.  I figured that if our building would fall down, it would do so before I would make it down on the ground, so I just kept shaking in my seat.

It's that sort of thinking that would have gotten you killed if you were in the World Trade Center.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

The kind of thinking that doesn't over-dramatize minor events?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2011, 01:51:22 PM
The kind of thinking that doesn't over-dramatize minor events?

"Oh, a plane hit the building next door.  We'll be perfectly safe in this building".  -Dguller

"Hooray, free day off!" -Razgovory
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on August 23, 2011, 05:27:14 AM
For existantialist parents:

When my sister was in Grade school I bought her a introduction to Philosophy.  It had pictures and everything.  She didn't really take to it, though. :(