News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: LaCroix on August 21, 2011, 04:31:34 AM
started employment a few nights ago as a part time overnight security guard at the ramada. not exactly sure how i got the job, with no work experience whatsoever. maybe my internship and college degree impressed? my fellow coworkers are all huge and intimidating, and then there's me--probably one of the skinniest/scrawniest guys there. four weddings tonight, so i had a chance to meet the kitchen staff. so many comments about my build once they heard my position :lol:
Surprising they wouldnt see your degree and bin your app, cool.
██████
██████
██████

LaCroix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2011, 04:35:30 AMDoesn't take much tonnage to dial 911.

exactly. it's really our only weapon, threats and cellphones. still, my general appearance and demeanor is so nonthreatening that i can't help but wonder what will happen in the next weeks/months :D

@tyr: maybe it's a joy of living in north dakota? filled out three applications and received three job offers. then again, they were all low-paying (<$13/hour)

Tamas

there is some big rowing competition or whatever in Hungary, and when a german boat won one of the races, on the medal ceremony they were able to listen to the full "Deutschland über alles" version of their anthem, courtesy of their ignorant hosts and their Internet download fail  :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on August 21, 2011, 05:40:43 AM
there is some big rowing competition or whatever in Hungary, and when a german boat won one of the races, on the medal ceremony they were able to listen to the full "Deutschland über alles" version of their anthem, courtesy of their ignorant hosts and their Internet download fail  :lol:

The way your government seems to be going maybe it was intentional.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on August 20, 2011, 06:32:17 PM
I need to get a gun in case I ever need to fight my way out of South Carolina.
I was able to cross the border with North Carolina twice... without incident. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on August 21, 2011, 06:05:10 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 20, 2011, 06:32:17 PM
I need to get a gun in case I ever need to fight my way out of South Carolina.
I was able to cross the border with North Carolina twice... without incident. :cool:

Your car wasn't searched at the border?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

LaCroix

too bad one stray bullet or ricocheted shrapnel could end him pretty quick. and is that a dress shirt he's wearing in there? how pointlessly uncomfortable :D

Razgovory

I guess that is Bicycle man, or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ideologue

That's a historically inaccurate picture of Mongers 2099.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: LaCroix on August 21, 2011, 04:31:34 AM
started employment a few nights ago as a part time overnight security guard at the ramada. not exactly sure how i got the job, with no work experience whatsoever. maybe my internship and college degree impressed? my fellow coworkers are all huge and intimidating, and then there's me--probably one of the skinniest/scrawniest guys there. four weddings tonight, so i had a chance to meet the kitchen staff. so many comments about my build once they heard my position :lol:

Did they require any certifications?
I looked at a few security guard job postings around here, but they all required some certification from the state that would cost ~$200.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2011, 03:01:55 PM
Are you and Ide blind? That's obviously FDR, the wheels are from his wheelchair.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 21, 2011, 09:18:09 PM
Are you and Ide blind? That's obviously FDR, the wheels are from his wheelchair.

It's not a very good drawing.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2011, 10:03:45 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 21, 2011, 09:18:09 PM

It's not a very good drawing.
You may not like the subject matter, but the detail is exquisite. It's a fantastic drawing.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I did not immediately recognize him as FDR.  I guess that's fun.

Should be fighting a Hitler or Tojo cyborg for context.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)