News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Russians are always paranoid.  When it rains on a Russian's birthday party, the first thing he thinks of is "who stood to gain?".  Didn't Britain have some sort of an alliance with Japan at the time?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 11:09:54 AM
Russians are always paranoid.  When it rains on a Russian's birthday party, the first thing he thinks of is "who stood to gain?".  Didn't Britain have some sort of an alliance with Japan at the time?
Britain did, but the terms of the alliance were written specifically to exclude the British from having to go to war over Korea.  Mind you, the alliance resulted in the Japanese having an enormously powerful, British-built navy, so that was worth something.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

There's a Harry Potter film on TV and I've just realised....damn it would suck to have been a student at Hogwarts at the same time as Harry Potter. So much disruption ruining your childhood....
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Just had a lovely little lunch with Caliga and Princesca, who happened to be in the neighborhood on their way back home from Joisey.  Nice pipples.

No, it was not at a gas station.

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on July 23, 2011, 01:10:53 PM
There's a Harry Potter film on TV and I've just realised....damn it would suck to have been a student at Hogwarts at the same time as Harry Potter. So much disruption ruining your childhood....

Would have been cool to be in the same class as the fucking Messiah, though.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 23, 2011, 03:20:11 PM
Just had a lovely little lunch with Caliga and Princesca, who happened to be in the neighborhood on their way back home from Joisey.  Nice pipples.

:lol:

Yeah, they're good folks.

...Does anyone else ever confuse Peter Gabriel and David Byrne because of the existence of Gabriel Byrne?  I do this all the time. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Languish hasn't had a new member sign up in over 5 weeks.  :(

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on July 23, 2011, 04:31:51 PM

Languish is dying.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

It's taking its sweet time doing so too. Fucking die already so we can mourn and go on with our lives.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: mongers on July 23, 2011, 04:31:51 PM

Neil was suspending signups as was being inundated by rus.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on July 23, 2011, 04:01:23 PM

:lol:

Yeah, they're good folks.

...Does anyone else ever confuse Peter Gabriel and David Byrne because of the existence of Gabriel Byrne?  I do this all the time. :(
No, but then i've worked with Gabriel Byrne so :P

katmai

You are so full of shit.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on July 23, 2011, 06:59:30 PM
Neil was suspending signups as was being inundated by rus.

What now?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on July 23, 2011, 07:00:28 PM

You are so full of shit.

Cal has pics.  :P

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 23, 2011, 07:02:54 PM
Quote from: katmai on July 23, 2011, 07:00:28 PM

You are so full of shit.

Cal has pics.  :P

I just meant that they are nice.....and that it wasn't at sip-n-go.