News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2021, 10:38:34 PM
Hmm, Arkansas or New Jersey?  Let me think about that one for a moment.  :hmm:  :rolleyes:

Maybe you need better PR?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: alfred russel on April 16, 2021, 09:59:34 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 16, 2021, 09:51:41 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2021, 04:02:35 PM
Nevada is #4? :yeahright:

There is probably a huge portion of (Trump) Americans that only translated that as "Vegas baby!" and voted accordingly.

So I see this a lot--that Vegas is very Trumpy--but...Nevada is a blue state (though not as blue as a place like California) and Vegas is the super democratic part of the state. Based on zero data and just my own guess, I bet most people who visit Vegas are democrats or lean that way (pulls disproportionately from S. California, attracts a younger crowd, probably pulls disportionately from more secular / less religious people).

Completely disagree.  Based on the same zero date and my own guesswork, I see Vegas as a place that more Republicans, and those that lean that way, visit in order to indulge in hypocrisy.  :P

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

I would quite like to go to Vegas :ph34r:

Unrelated but went to a pub with friends last night. On the one hand I really hope on-app ordering (like the relaxation of rules around take away rules) is here to stay. On the other and possibly as a sign of how excited everyone in Britain is to get to the pub - we had booked for drinks and possible food. When we got there the pub told us they'd run out of food and it took about an hour to do drinks orders they were so busy (we got some tinnies and crisps from the Coop next door while we waited) :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Vegas is dreadful. Only worth being seen maybe once.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2021, 10:29:19 AM
Vegas is dreadful. Only worth being seen maybe once.

:yes:

I really enjoyed parts of Vegas. I have no desires to ever see it again based on the other parts. It's a town of misery.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Quote from: Habbaku on April 16, 2021, 10:33:23 AM
:yes:

I really enjoyed parts of Vegas. I have no desires to ever see it again based on the other parts. It's a town of misery.
It's famous for gambling, shotgun weddings and residencies by arguably slightly washed up artists - of course it's a town of misery. That's the pitch :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

I don't even mean those aspects--those were the fun parts!

The misery is just how seedy so much of it seemed, how many homeless and drunks there are around, etc. It made me profoundly uncomfortable in parts.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Yeah Vegas is a great place to visit once. It is designed to dazzle for almost exactly one day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

My only trip to Vegas was for KAPapalooza.   :cool:

I think RH and I are the only ones still around from that trip.

Yeah, I think I agree with the it's cool to go once.  Now almost 20 years later I might be good to go again.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on April 16, 2021, 10:51:02 AM
I think RH and I are the only ones still around from that trip.

Tontine?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: Habbaku on April 16, 2021, 10:35:53 AM

The misery is just how seedy so much of it seemed, how many homeless and drunks there are around, etc. It made me profoundly uncomfortable in parts.

When I looked around the hotel "lobby", I thought I was going to end up in a tub without kidneys. My Uber driver must have thought the same, she was adamant to deliver us right to the door and did not leave until we were inside.

Josquius

Babies suck. I don't get how humanity ever survived.
My kid sleeps uneasy.
The other day he farted in his sleep, which gave him a fright and led to him punching himself in the face, so he woke up crying.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on April 16, 2021, 12:29:00 PM
My kid sleeps uneasy.
The other day he farted in his sleep, which gave him a fright and led to him punching himself in the face, so he woke up crying.

This... is... just... the... beginning... :ph34r:

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on April 16, 2021, 12:29:00 PM
My kid sleeps uneasy.

My daughter is two and it is still a crazy adventure to put her to sleep. She kicks me in the face every night.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."