News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 15, 2011, 05:44:59 PM
Whereas in India salaries have been increasing close to 20% the last few years.  According to one consulting firm a call center in India (which they staff with college grads) is only 10% cheaper to operate than one in the US. 
Unsurprising... it was bound to happen eventually.  The call centers will move to some place like Nigeria next.

Nevertheless, I still get billed $34 an hour by my offshore developers in Hyderabad.  We have another vendor in New Jersey that charges us $310. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 15, 2011, 06:27:39 PM
Holy crap! My work computer was left on for nine days! It doesn't have a screensaver either, I'm amazed the monitor didn't burn out! :o
Not as surprising as I thought? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 15, 2011, 07:25:56 PM
Holy crap! My work computer was left on for nine days! It doesn't have a screensaver either, I'm amazed the monitor didn't burn out! :o

Does your work computer have a CRT monitor? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Not really no.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2011, 08:16:06 PM

Laptop
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 15, 2011, 08:29:34 PM

Laptop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screensaver#Purpose
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

You know what would save your laptop screen, Timmay?  If you close it, and beat yourself with it until you lose consciousness sitting on the guardrail of a 10 story balcony.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2011, 08:36:15 PM
You know what would save your laptop screen, Timmay?  If you close it, and beat yourself with it until you lose consciousness sitting on the guardrail of a 10 story balcony.

Yeah, noooo.

:lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2011, 08:36:15 PM

you guys are mean.  :D Where's the love?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2011, 08:34:21 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 15, 2011, 08:29:34 PM

Laptop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screensaver#Purpose
I knew modern screens were a lot better than the old ones, but I still thought 9 straight days was a lot.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Preparations are underway for the 2011 Life Ball, Europe's largest HIV/AIDS charity event held anually in Vienna.

As usual, Bill Clinton will be there (he'll auction off invitations to his 65th Birthday Party), Brooke Shields will be there, as will be Janet Jackson, Natasha Beddingfield, Cheyenne Jackson (30 Rock) and a couple of others. It's *the* LGBT event in Austria, plus it's fancy dress. Every year is under a different theme; this year is "Element Air" (last year was "Element Earth", before that "Element Water"; next year, presumably, will be fire themed).

Possibly NSFW (female butts): http://static.rp-online.de/layout/showbilder/33723-225218_Austria_Life_Ball_VIE134.jpg

Guys/gals in body paint: http://static1.kleinezeitung.at/system/galleries_520x335/upload/6/2/6/1937302/lifeball290409_apa308.jpg

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

As much as I enjoy watching a nice set of T&A, I have to wonder, is our civilization doomed?

Not in a general "everyone dies" sense, but in a more imminent "fucker's got bowel cancer" kind of way.

Eddie Teach

Rome managed to survive centuries of decadence, I think our case is more like high blood pressure than cancer.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?