And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

I've changed my mind about sexiest female sport from indoor volleyball to pole vaulting.

Syt

Interesting tag line on this Monopoly variant:

https://shop.hasbro.com/en-ca/product/monopoly-for-millennials-board-game:441D164A-4E09-477A-892C-F6A5CE9202A4

QuoteDescription

Money doesn't always buy a great time, but experiences, whether they're good -- or weird -- last forever. The Monopoly for Millennials game celebrates just that. Instead of collecting as much cash as possible, players are challenged to rack up the most Experiences to win. Travel around the gameboard discovering and visiting cool places to eat, shop, and relax. Interact with other players via Chance and Community Chest cards, (which are super relatable). And players don't pay rent -- they visit one another, earning more Experience points. This board game is a great way to bring a fun and relaxed vibe to a party or casual get-together.

• Includes: Gameboard, 6 Tokens, 16 Destination Cards, 16 Chance Cards, 16 Community Chest Cards, 64 Experience Chips, Money Pack, 2 Dice, and Game Guide.

• Adulting is hard; take a break from the rat race with this edition of the Monopoly game
• This Monopoly game is a great choice for Millennials who need a break from the life of adulting; great for parties and get-togethers
• Collect Experience points by visiting the hottest Destinations -- from your Friend's Couch, to the Vegan Bistro, to a Week-Long Meditation Retreat
• Collect money from players who visit the Destinations you discovered first
• In this version of the Monopoly game, the player who collects the most Experience -- not the most money -- wins the game

• Ages 8 and up
• For 2 to 4 players.

I have a feeling they did not consult Millennials when they designed this game. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2020, 07:05:40 PM
I've changed my mind about sexiest female sport from indoor volleyball to pole vaulting.

Pole vaulting is great. I also like long jump.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on November 12, 2020, 03:41:35 AM
Interesting tag line on this Monopoly variant:

https://shop.hasbro.com/en-ca/product/monopoly-for-millennials-board-game:441D164A-4E09-477A-892C-F6A5CE9202A4

QuoteDescription

Money doesn't always buy a great time, but experiences, whether they're good -- or weird -- last forever. The Monopoly for Millennials game celebrates just that. Instead of collecting as much cash as possible, players are challenged to rack up the most Experiences to win. Travel around the gameboard discovering and visiting cool places to eat, shop, and relax. Interact with other players via Chance and Community Chest cards, (which are super relatable). And players don't pay rent -- they visit one another, earning more Experience points. This board game is a great way to bring a fun and relaxed vibe to a party or casual get-together.

• Includes: Gameboard, 6 Tokens, 16 Destination Cards, 16 Chance Cards, 16 Community Chest Cards, 64 Experience Chips, Money Pack, 2 Dice, and Game Guide.

• Adulting is hard; take a break from the rat race with this edition of the Monopoly game
• This Monopoly game is a great choice for Millennials who need a break from the life of adulting; great for parties and get-togethers
• Collect Experience points by visiting the hottest Destinations -- from your Friend's Couch, to the Vegan Bistro, to a Week-Long Meditation Retreat
• Collect money from players who visit the Destinations you discovered first
• In this version of the Monopoly game, the player who collects the most Experience -- not the most money -- wins the game

• Ages 8 and up
• For 2 to 4 players.

I have a feeling they did not consult Millennials when they designed this game. :P

Seems aimed at boomers to me.
So sick of this participation trophy business. That was their doing. World wrecking greydos.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

So given lockdown and everything's quite grim and boring....is it too soon to put up Christmas decorations/get a Christmas tree? :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I just realized, I've haven't had any Christmas decorations since I moved to Vienna 15 years ago. And rarely before then.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 12, 2020, 06:17:18 AM
So given lockdown and everything's quite grim and boring....is it too soon to put up Christmas decorations/get a Christmas tree? :ph34r:
Yes.
December 1/Advent Sunday (whichever is earliest) is the earliest it is allowable to put up Christmas decorations and be regarded as a civilized member of society.
The only small exception is for fiddly decorations like lights around your roof that it would be risky to put up when the weather is bad.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on November 12, 2020, 06:20:13 AMYes.
December 1/Advent Sunday (whichever is earliest) is the earliest it is allowable to put up Christmas decorations and be regarded as a civilized member of society.
The only small exception is for fiddly decorations like lights around your roof that it would be risky to put up when the weather is bad.
I agree in principle and that's my approach in normal times. I just feel like we need to extend the festive period as much as possible given the lockdown and things.

But I am also aware it might end up with me having to get two Christmas trees which I recognise is excessive :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Threviel

Advent is the time for advent decorations, christmas is the time for christmas decorations and christmas begins on Dec 24th.

So the christmas tree ought not be put up until, at the earliest, the week before christmas.

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 12, 2020, 06:17:18 AM

I've already bought all the stuff for my Nativity Scene and other Christmas decor, just out of sheer boredom indeed  :lol:

But I have stopped short of setting it up. Feels excessive

celedhring

Quote from: Threviel on November 12, 2020, 06:29:13 AM
Advent is the time for advent decorations, christmas is the time for christmas decorations and christmas begins on Dec 24th.

So the christmas tree ought not be put up until, at the earliest, the week before christmas.

Tradition over here was to set it up on December 13th, but nowadays you have cities already setting up Christmas lights on mid-November...