Damn had to have a family dog put to sleep this evening.  :(

I've got a large grave to dig tomorrow morning.  :(

Sorry to hear that, mongers :(

Syt

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2020, 07:31:52 PM

I'm sorry. :console:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on November 08, 2020, 06:50:29 PM
I don't think it's an EU thing. Seems to be something where international collaboration is alive and well.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/international-statement-end-to-end-encryption-and-public-safety

I expect idiotic statements by people who don't understand how this stuff works.

Quotecalls on tech companies to work with governments to find solutions to ensure the safety of our citizens, without eroding user privacy or cyber security

"Does this circle come in square shape?"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: merithyn on November 08, 2020, 09:16:21 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 07, 2020, 01:58:55 AM
Cheddar is a very easy cheese to look after and keeps well, in fact the older the better. Tragically this has led to its debasement  :( . The next time you are in the UK we must arrange a cheese tasting session; I will bring some of the cheddars available from my local supermarket. They are fantastic, they are also 3 or 4 times the price of the industrial stuff of course, hence the problem.

Hi. :) I, too, would like to join this sojourn. :)

:thumbsup:

After we all get vaccinated  :D

Richard Hakluyt

Dogs don't last long enough  :(

celedhring

Sorry mongers.  :(

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 09, 2020, 02:16:22 AM

Yeah, my mother's dog is getting to *out of warranty* age and when he dies it will uterrly devastate her (and I will miss him a lot, too).  :(

Josquius

Always the way. Trying to schedule work stuff. I say.
"I am free any time between 9am and 9pm except the following times.
Friday 3-4
"

Reply: I will take Friday 3-4 please.

██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

It's on you.

Give times you are available.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2020, 09:33:19 AM
It's on you.

Give times you are available.
Yeah, as counter-intuitive as that is considering I was literally free all week except like 5 periods, the tyranny of choice is a thing.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on November 08, 2020, 09:20:59 PM

I'm so sorry, mongers. :( That always hurts so much.

Thank you Merry, but he wasn't my personal dog, but an ever presence in the extended family.

Though it turns out I'm the chief grave digger in the family.  :hmm:

Also it's getting increasingly difficult for me to remember who's buried where in the ancestral burial grounds.

And whilst I was digging the big hole for a large dog, so something like 4ft long, 3ft wide and about 3-4ft deep, it got me wondering how common is it for people to place grave goods with their pet burials?

And on the subject of archeology, came across some Victorian glassware and other pottery, which fits with the age of the house.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on November 09, 2020, 02:30:45 AM
Sorry mongers.  :(

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 09, 2020, 02:16:22 AM

Yeah, my mother's dog is getting to *out of warranty* age and when he dies it will uterrly devastate her (and I will miss him a lot, too).  :(

Yes that's my worry with older/elderly family, often at that age they invest so much in their pets, that the eventual loss can be a body blow to their mental state and outlook on life.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Next thing, you'll tell us you don't consume sugar by the spoonful. :yeahright:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?