News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 08, 2020, 04:19:37 AM
Soon we can rid ourselves of the tie...that most ridiculous of fashion accessories.

Hey, who doesn't like a colourful arrow pointing to one's genitals?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

The president of Portugal taking a vacation selfie.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa has always been popular.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

merithyn

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 08, 2020, 04:19:37 AM
Soon we can rid ourselves of the tie...that most ridiculous of fashion accessories.

I love men in ties. :wub:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tonitrus

You just want to keep a figurative noose around the neck of the working man.  :mad:

Duque de Bragança

Wait until merithyn discovers some German Carnaval rituals involving the tie...

merithyn

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 08, 2020, 03:08:55 PM
Wait until merithyn discovers some German Carnaval rituals involving the tie...

:huh: :hmm:

Josquius

I'm looking at building an extension next year.
There looks set to be a space about 2.7x2.7m on which I'm torn whether to make it a room of its own or part of a huge room which is super long along the whole length of the house.  It seems too small to be a useful room but too big otherwise. Hmm.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on August 08, 2020, 09:40:35 AM
My new cats caught a mouse. :)

A few hours later they caught a 2nd mouse!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 31, 2020, 01:11:44 PM
Never made it - but once you've pickled beetroot you can have it with my people's national dish! Make a pot of scouse!
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/oct/30/how-to-make-the-perfect-scouse-stew-hotpot-recipe-felicity-cloake

Beets and eggs are pickled, so today I made this but with beef. I used what I know as turnips (white with purple tops). It's in the oven now. It strikes me as a slightly more complicated beef stew. We'll see in about an hour and a half.