News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Today I learned that Pepsi Corporation once owned a significant fleet of modern warships.  :lol:

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-pepsi-briefly-became-the-6th-largest-military-in-the-world-2018-7
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

And they missed their chance to crush coca cola
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Like Belfast needs any encouragement.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I mean at least it's a friendly, casual "walk" rather than a threatening, drum-laden "march" :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Well they did apologise and delete it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Is that the same date as marching day?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2020, 03:29:51 PM
Is that the same date as marching day?

Nope.  That's July 12.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on March 02, 2020, 11:34:28 AM
Today I learned that Pepsi Corporation once owned a significant fleet of modern inoperable warships.  :lol:

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-pepsi-briefly-became-the-6th-largest-military-in-the-world-2018-7

FTFY.  And they wouldn't have made up the sixth-largest military in the world even had they worked.  But the story is great, so I won't tell if you won't.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on March 02, 2020, 03:21:10 PM
Well they did apologise and delete it.
I know - still makes me laugh :lol:

And at least this was just someone programming their tweets not the time Ben and Jerry's released a "Black and Tan" ice cream :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2020, 03:48:35 PM
And at least this was just someone programming their tweets not the time Ben and Jerry's released a "Black and Tan" ice cream :lol:

If the Mick's can name a bevvy Black and Tan why can't Ben & Jerry do the same?  :mad:

Sheilbh

I wouldn't try ordering a black and tan in Dublin if I were you :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2020, 03:53:45 PM

Seriously?  It's a staple in Irish pubs over here.  I thought it was a brilliant case of the Irish taking the piss.

Malthus

Quote from: grumbler on March 02, 2020, 03:38:10 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 02, 2020, 11:34:28 AM
Today I learned that Pepsi Corporation once owned a significant fleet of modern inoperable warships.  :lol:

FTFY.  And they wouldn't have made up the sixth-largest military in the world even had they worked.  But the story is great, so I won't tell if you won't.

Hey, I never said what condition they were in, and that "sixth largest" tag is from Business Insider, not me.  :P

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2020, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2020, 03:53:45 PM

Seriously?  It's a staple in Irish pubs over here.  I thought it was a brilliant case of the Irish taking the piss.
Yeah. It's not a thing in Ireland. It'd be like trying to order a drink named after the KKK in Mississippi.

If you like the drink that much the name in Ireland (and England I think) is a half-and-half.
Let's bomb Russia!