The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2019, 02:06:19 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2019, 09:27:07 AM
Well done, Tim!  :)

Yi: shhhhh :angry:

Then break it down to me, like I'm a golden retriever.

He agrees with you but thinks Tim should be humored.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Last night I met a retired female MMA fighter.

https://www.google.com/search?q=julie+kedzie&client=firefox-b-1-d&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=71lwSVmeg0dEyM%253A%252CD8jnXzN5HwbF6M%252C%252Fm%252F028bg_g&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSSKaGfUJcZKb0_3bS3bdwrHfborQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjt07XAsefjAhWFQc0KHURtCqwQ_B0wC3oECAkQAw#imgrc=71lwSVmeg0dEyM:

She was very nice.  We talked about books.  She recommended I read 20th Maine.  We sang Total Eclipse of the Heart with some of her friends that I had met before.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 03, 2019, 09:02:49 AM
Sold my first touring bike to a nice young Jute, I'm sure it'll have a happy life driving around France and Spain but I do feel a little sad selling it.

Recycling at its best.  :cool:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Finished 2 more Cobi sets, the Spitfire VB of 303 Squadron which was made up of Polish exiles who fought in the RAF and a JU-87G tank buster. Really fun to build, but I wish Cobi would use more prints instead of stickers on their plane models.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on August 01, 2019, 11:17:27 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 01, 2019, 10:52:34 AM
You mean the same writers that thought the hills were alive?

One of the greatest Austrian songs ever written in the state of New York.

I just watched "Cabaret."  That has the greatest Nazi propaganda song ever written by two Jews from New York ("Tomorrow Belongs to Me.")
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on August 04, 2019, 04:21:15 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 01, 2019, 11:17:27 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 01, 2019, 10:52:34 AM
You mean the same writers that thought the hills were alive?

One of the greatest Austrian songs ever written in the state of New York.

I just watched "Cabaret."  That has the greatest Nazi propaganda song ever written by two Jews from New York ("Tomorrow Belongs to Me.")

Definitely. One of my favorite New York Jewish Nazi propaganda songs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Its amazing how Simpsons told the future sometimes.
Millennial visits boomer's house:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=axHoy0hnQy8

How little Bart knew :(
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Err, wasn't that character the same age as Homer?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2019, 11:12:52 AM
Its amazing how Simpsons told the future sometimes.
Millennial visits boomer's house:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=axHoy0hnQy8

How little Bart knew :(

I'm trying to figure out how you came to the conclusion this was a millennial-boomer thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

T-shirt for sale by the Vienna Funeral Museum:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I'm in London today.
I noticed the Swiss and Swedish embassies are just across the street from each other.
This is obviously confusing. But I wonder whether it causes problems or is a blessing in disguise when they get each others post.
██████
██████
██████