News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

You links should be more descriptive.  :contract:  It didn't have "penis" in it, so I didn't open it.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2011, 11:02:25 PM
You links should be more descriptive.  :contract:  It didn't have "penis" in it, so I didn't open it.

That's gayer than CdM, and that's something.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2011, 11:02:25 PM
Dude...
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Slargos on March 27, 2011, 06:38:58 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 27, 2011, 06:25:54 PM
And she's 100% white except for this Siamese guy 150 years ago? :hmm:

Not really 100% then, is it?  :hmm:

....hence the except for.....
██████
██████
██████

Slargos

Quote from: Tyr on March 28, 2011, 03:06:22 AM
Quote from: Slargos on March 27, 2011, 06:38:58 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 27, 2011, 06:25:54 PM
And she's 100% white except for this Siamese guy 150 years ago? :hmm:

Not really 100% then, is it?  :hmm:

....hence the except for.....

1+1=3 except for the fact that it's not.

Josquius

Quote from: Slargos on March 28, 2011, 05:19:11 AM
1+1=3 except for the fact that it's not.
...no.
Its a pretty stand part of English. e.g. Man Utd won all their games except the one against Arsenal.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Had my 2nd time driving today, my driving teacher is sort of hard to understand with all his hand gestures meaning something different but looking alike.

But all in all a success as I didn't break anything!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

I remember when I was learning to drive.  My driving instructor was pretty good, but he was also virulently racist, unreliable, and a liar.  I actually fired him once after he stood me up, but then I hired him back after other instructors proved to be much more useless.  :blush: 

Tamas

My first instructor (an old fart) started me up by having me (who never drove before except the family car on a field with my dad, just to get a general feel for the thing) drive him to his home outside of the city (in some village). Because he bought some tool he wanted to deliver home asap.

Then the second time we went to the practice track. He was a total bastard yelling my head down for every minor mistake I made, but I endured. Plus point was that except for parking I had all routine lessons done flawless by the end of that hour  :D

After we were done, he was staring at his administration sheet in big confusion, and proceeded to realize that he took me for one of his other students who should had been sent to the routine exam already, hence all the yelling at my noobishnes..  :lol: He was quite embarrassed.  :D

That was the last time I ever saw him thoug, he was sent to the hospital a week after that and never left it. :(

jamesww

I never had an instructor, just drove my mates around until I took the tests.

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on March 28, 2011, 08:21:34 AM
Had my 2nd time driving today, my driving teacher is sort of hard to understand with all his hand gestures meaning something different but looking alike.

But all in all a success as I didn't break anything!

Gesturing is not a good trait in a driving instructor. Aren't you meant to be keeping your eyes on the road? :p
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on March 28, 2011, 09:32:27 AM
That was the last time I ever saw him thoug, he was sent to the hospital a week after that and never left it. :(
His services were: no longer needed. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points