News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Actually managed to remember one of the numerous friends/familiy birthdays at the end of July and into August, but only because I came home and but the TV on to catch the news.

Some antique show was on and the shot I caught was of Ramsgate marina, I recognised it and remembered an old friend and I had seen a classic/weird gig there many moons ago.  That's when I remember 'Oh and it's his birthday today.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Seedy hates Argentinians.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Nazi dolls. Excuse me, ACTION FIGURES.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Your faith in your Fuhrer is commendable.

:P

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 06:01:00 AM

Not a fan of Merkel's, but show me a competent, viable alternative.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

She's managed not to declare war on half the world, so ahead of the bar for German leaders.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 16, 2017, 06:56:16 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 06:01:00 AM

Not a fan of Merkel's, but show me a competent, viable alternative.

It is not like she is horrible or anything, I just don't think a democratic nation should be proud of a single leader having hold of it for so long. As you pointed out, at the very least that is a worrying sign on its political class, or voters, or both.

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 07:17:46 AM

It is not like she is horrible or anything, I just don't think a democratic nation should be proud of a single leader having hold of it for so long. As you pointed out, at the very least that is a worrying sign on its political class, or voters, or both.

It's not that unusual for postwar Germany.
And given recent election results in major western democracies, staying the course is entirely reasonable.

The Brain

She's not super hot. I mean not bad, but not really worth fapping over.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.