News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on February 24, 2017, 07:56:33 AM
Something about this smells.  Not just that it doesn't sound like an army training manual, but also that all of the examples of this picture seem ultimately to be from the one guy.

Meh, it says it's from a pamphlet.  Doesn't seem much more of a stretch than the occasional handout, Venereal Disease and You:  A Threat to Democracy.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 24, 2017, 08:06:54 AM
Quote from: grumbler on February 24, 2017, 07:56:33 AM
Something about this smells.  Not just that it doesn't sound like an army training manual, but also that all of the examples of this picture seem ultimately to be from the one guy.

Meh, it says it's from a pamphlet.  Doesn't seem much more of a stretch than the occasional handout, Venereal Disease and You:  A Threat to Democracy.

Yeah, it says it is from a pamphlet.  Army guys would know better than me, but it seems to me more like something someone would think an Army pamphlet sounds like than what one actually sounds like.  Phrases like "the girls are just teasing" ring false to me.

The pamphlet did exist.  I can confirm that.  No copies appear to be available online, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Well, this was the early 70's.  Years of goddamned hippies teasing our Guardsmen with their free love and free breasts at the campus demonstrations.

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on February 23, 2017, 10:30:23 AM
I'm against the burning of holy books on the ground that it generates CO2 emissions.

That's precisely why we need to invest in clean-burning Koran technology.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

The Larch

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on February 24, 2017, 02:32:54 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 22, 2017, 10:26:36 PM
Pssst why he's going there larchie.

What have I missed? :unsure:

Monkey is going to Rota because there is a Naval base. He's visiting family.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

In 1970 there were 99 AAA rated companies in America.  Now there are two.

Maximus

Why do you think that is?

alfred russel

Quote from: Maximus on February 24, 2017, 03:57:49 PM

People learning finance theory regarding capital structures in business school. A super high credit rating resulting in super low borrowing cots means you are possibly financing too much of your operations through equity, if you are searching for the optimal capital structure.

Everyone is learning from the same finance textbooks.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: Maximus on February 24, 2017, 03:57:49 PM

I was intrigued and looked it up.

Early analysis suggests it's because large companies are embracing debt as a way to increase share price and make acquisitions.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I'm curious which the two are.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on February 24, 2017, 04:04:07 PM
Early analysis suggests it's because large companies are embracing debt as a way to increase share price and make acquisitions.

Imagine that.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."