News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Sat in a Chinese takeout place earlier today that had CNN on the tube and realized my gf looks just like Erin Burnett. I am blessed :wub:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2017, 09:48:00 PM
Was just perusing the SSIDs in the immediate vicinity, saw this one--

NotARussianRouterNoReally
That's right, it's really not. :unsure:

sbr

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 22, 2017, 10:29:34 PM
Sat in a Chinese takeout place earlier today that had CNN on the tube and realized my gf looks just like Erin Burnett. I am blessed :wub:

Is she single?

Eddie Teach

She will be when Funk gets deported.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

DENMARK TO HOLD FIRST BLASPHEMY CASE FOR ALMOST 50 YEARS AFTER MAN BURNS QURAN

http://europe.newsweek.com/denmark-man-burns-quran-first-blasphemy-case-almost-50-years-559840?utm_campaign=socialflowT&utm_source=socialflowtwitter&utm_medium=articles

QuoteThis most recent case will be only be the fourth time in Danish history that the authorities have invoked the blasphemy law. The Local reports the other three cases involved four people distributing posters mocking Jewish religious beliefs in 1938, two people partaking in a fake baptism in 1946, and two radio presenters airing a song which mocked Christianity in 1971.

We're usually pretty relaxed with these old laws including the lese-majeste. Some years ago an artist made a poster where the the queen was sodomised by the crown prince while the prince-consort masturbated on the bible and that didn't bother anyone.

Or maybe it was a goat. I'm not about to google it. :P

At any rate, if this guy's convicted I expect nothing less than hundreds of similar videos on YouTube sparking another Muhammad cartoons news cycle.  :rolleyes:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Indeed. This seems likely to increase hostility to Muslim immigrants in every western country and yes spark a big destabilizing Muhammad cartoon thing. What is that prosecutor thinking? Terrible decision.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Defense is claiming self-defense as the quran talks about burning heathens. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on February 23, 2017, 10:11:33 AM
Defense is claiming self-defense as the quran talks about burning heathens. :lol:

Might as well. Not really sure what else you can say to clear yourself from blasphemy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on February 23, 2017, 10:13:40 AM
Quote from: Liep on February 23, 2017, 10:11:33 AM

Might as well. Not really sure what else you can say to clear yourself from blasphemy.

Now either way the quran-burner gets what he wants, riling everyone up (whatever fine he gets will be instantly crowdfunded) or court backing that burning qurans is self defense.

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on February 23, 2017, 10:16:06 AM
Now either way the quran-burner gets what he wants

His case is likely to mobilize right wing forces throughout Europe. Crazy.

Again what is this prosecutor thinking? I mean surely at least one Quran gets burned every day around the world.

Grey Fox

Maybe the prosecutor is  right-wing anti-quran too
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

I'm against the burning of holy books on the ground that it generates CO2 emissions.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 23, 2017, 10:21:41 AM
Maybe the prosecutor is  right-wing anti-quran too

CONSPIRACY.  :tinfoil:

Hell that would be a good strategy.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son