News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

According to the NYT ACORNACORNACORN is on the verge of bankruptcy.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Zanza

I was on a plane yesterday from Jakarta to Singapore. "Welcome onboard QZ ... bla bla ... your flight captain today is Mr Mohammed Atta." :osama:
Or at least that's what I understood. We landed perfectly fine though.

MadBurgerMaker

My wife bought herself a new Liberty yesterday, and I guess as they were detailing it, etc, so we could take it home, they stuck an obnoxiously large dealer logo on the back.   Didn't even see it until we had gotten home.  <_<

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Zanza on March 21, 2010, 07:28:06 PM
I was on a plane yesterday from Jakarta to Singapore. "Welcome onboard QZ ... bla bla ... your flight captain today is Mr Mohammed Atta." :osama:
Or at least that's what I understood. We landed perfectly fine though.

It's always good to see that even dead terrorists can reform and find good, honest work.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 20, 2010, 06:03:51 PM
For those into Battletech and Shadowrun, the publisher (Catalyst Games Labs) discovered a accounting boo-boo:

http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/2010/03/cgl-statement-on-finances/

The Rum0rs:

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=30231

I find small companies and their goofy accounting practices utterly fascinating. :nerd:
Fuck.

Then again, this is what happens to RPG companies.  Hopefully, whoever gets the licence can pick up where they left off.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

I just randomly googled my name.
First result: Some guy with the same name wanting a certain christian music cd :bleeding:
Second result: A user profile at a lady gaga forum :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:
Then you get to me...With some odd stuff.

And I stumbled on this site in the process.
Its scary.
http://www.123people.co.uk/
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Googling my name just leads to the facebook page of the dozen or so person sharing my name.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 21, 2010, 07:44:57 PM
My wife bought herself a new Liberty yesterday, and I guess as they were detailing it, etc, so we could take it home, they stuck an obnoxiously large dealer logo on the back.   Didn't even see it until we had gotten home.  <_<

Start billing them for advertising space.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

hmmm....I've decided to have a crack at applying for a job for when I graduate, I seem fitting for it.
Trouble is...I've never heard of the company- they seem to check out but I'd never heard of them before.
How to figure out what crap to put in the cover letter... 'TBH Id never heard of you but your client list is pretty darn impressive and you SEEM awesome...'
██████
██████
██████

frunk

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on March 21, 2010, 01:10:11 PM
Peoples:  We need one more team for this year's LFBBL.  The draft is in a little under 2 hours.  Contact Katmai asap for inclusion.  You know you want in...

Bah, I missed the LFBBL signup thread.  Oh well.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on March 22, 2010, 01:02:34 PM
hmmm....I've decided to have a crack at applying for a job for when I graduate, I seem fitting for it.
Trouble is...I've never heard of the company- they seem to check out but I'd never heard of them before.
How to figure out what crap to put in the cover letter... 'TBH Id never heard of you but your client list is pretty darn impressive and you SEEM awesome...'

You haven't heard of 99% of the companies out there, mate.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 22, 2010, 01:40:45 PM
What do you say then?
BS 'Working for Bloggs & Son is my dream!!!11' or 'Yeah...no clue who you are but your role matches my qualifications'
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on March 22, 2010, 02:04:46 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 22, 2010, 01:40:45 PM
What do you say then?
BS 'Working for Bloggs & Son is my dream!!!11' or 'Yeah...no clue who you are but your role matches my qualifications'

Show interest into what they do & to what the job entitles to?

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on March 22, 2010, 11:46:04 AM
I just randomly googled my name.
First result: Some guy with the same name wanting a certain christian music cd :bleeding:
Second result: A user profile at a lady gaga forum :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:
Then you get to me...With some odd stuff.

And I stumbled on this site in the process.
Its scary.
http://www.123people.co.uk/

I checked my name on that site, and I agree, it's scary.

I no longer think I exist. :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."