News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

So for Thanksgiving my sister in law is hosting, which she's done before.  But this time she's cooking the meal :bleeding:  She bought a huge 26 pound turkey that will take her forever to cook, meaning she'll probably get impatient and end up undercooking it.  Everything else is coming from a can or is pre-made.  She *bought* mashed potatoes at Kroger FFS.

Thankfully Frau Spiess will be cooking "a few things" to bring over-- they'll pretty much amount to an entire backup meal.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Jimmy Kimmel's Children Thanksgiving Pageant:

https://youtu.be/DR8W_O_TRAk

:D

Zanza

QuoteA German court has ruled breast implants are no impediment to a woman becoming a police officer.

The ruling by the administrative court in the western city of Gelsenkirchen Wednesday came after a 32-year-old woman appealed a police doctor's assessment that her silicone implants were likely to rupture during physically demanding law-enforcement work.

Justice has prevailed!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I'm back after a not so relaxing holiday week. Flew in my French mistress/back up chick and my frog kids from dying Europe. Made it hilarious during thanksgiving. Some relatives are such prudes. Fuck 'em.

Also ordered a new computer. Found an all in one with a gay force 960 in it.

Didn't eat much and that ended up on the floor when I didn't make it to the can in time.

But I feel a bit better.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I smell like an ashtray. Join civilised society, Germany! <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Hitler was right about smoking.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 25, 2016, 07:25:20 PM
I'm back after a not so relaxing holiday week. Flew in my French mistress/back up chick and my frog kids from dying Europe. Made it hilarious during thanksgiving. Some relatives are such prudes. Fuck 'em.

Also ordered a new computer. Found an all in one with a gay force 960 in it.

Didn't eat much and that ended up on the floor when I didn't make it to the can in time.

But I feel a bit better.  :)

New computers are nice. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2016, 07:51:05 PM
I smell like an ashtray. Join civilised society, Germany! <_<

There was an attempt at a general smoking ban some years ago, but IIRC it was decided it's a state, not federal matter. Here in Vienna restaurants, cafés, and bars above a certain size must have separate smoking and non-smoking sections. However, often the separation is imperfect, and even in the non-smoking area you acquire the nicotine smell. Doesn't help that more often than not the non-smoking area is tucked away in the back, while the entrance area, or bar, or way to the toilets is smoking area.

Fortunately, total smoking ban is coming in 2018 (and it will herald the end of restaurants/bars/cafés, apparently). And some proprietors have already said they'll refuse to take responsibility if clumps of smokers in front of their establishments block (the sometimes very narrow) sidewalks in the inner city.

Until then, though, I will stick to non-smoking restaurants, cafés (relatively easy) and bars (harder).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on November 26, 2016, 04:10:36 AM
Fortunately, total smoking ban is coming in 2018 (and it will herald the end of restaurants/bars/cafés, apparently).

Same was said over here - and I presume every country that introduced a general smoking ban - and it didn't happen.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Catching up on Cinema Snob reviews (I kinda tired out with his three part Heaven's Gate review):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJBMU25hpRk

"Black Is Beautiful - Africanus Sexualis"
:lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 26, 2016, 05:56:41 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2016, 07:51:05 PMcivilised

Duuude.  :(

I wrote it with a z but my phone autocorrects. I'm not going to spend time fixing what is a technically correct spelling. :blurgh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 26, 2016, 08:18:32 AM
Catching up on Cinema Snob reviews (I kinda tired out with his three part Heaven's Gate review):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJBMU25hpRk

"Black Is Beautiful - Africanus Sexualis"
:lol:

See, this is what happens when people simply choose to willfully ignore anything beyond the front-page culture memes of the late '60s and early '70s. 
Holy shit, that actually happened?  Why, yes.  Yes, it did.

and LOL, 3-part "Heaven's Gate" review.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk