News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Picked up a new computer screen. My second screen got a bit long in the tooth, so I got a new one, and wanted to make  my previous main display my new secondary.

Hooked it up - no cable detected. Switched cables. Same thing. Switched HDMI ports. Same. Kept switching cables/ports for 20 minutes and started cursing.

Went on the interwebs on my tablet to look for possible issues. Facepalmed.

Apparently you have to manually select the input on this screen, even if only one cable is connected, and it was set to DVI.

Checked the manual again - nope, no mention of this feature.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Manual writing is a lost art.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Well, manual is an overstatement. It was pictographs with accompanying text in all the languages of the United Federation of Planets. Plug everything in, press on switch. And a small "safety booklet" that warns you against operating the electronic device under water etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I had my first Vietnamese food.
It was interesting. Quite good. There was one flavour....Cambodian food had it in abundance. Wish I knew what it was. Very distinctive and not found elsewhere.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I was thinking lemon grass, but Thai uses lemon grass and surely Captain Chav has had Thai.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

There's that fish sauce that the VC put on everything.  US tried to develop electronic sniffers to more efficiently bomb the Ho Chi Minh trail.

p.s. Is that nuoc nam?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on October 15, 2016, 07:32:35 AM
And for CdM:

:glare:

It's all ha-ha fun and games until your shitty little VOIP server crashes.

Ed Anger

My conspiracy survivalist friend has completely shit the bed over that website saying the US went to DefCon 3. Fucker keeps texting me to GET OUT NOW.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

:lol:  Tell him you would, but you keep getting texted.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2016, 07:58:40 PM
:lol:  Tell him you would, but you keep getting texted.

:lol:

IM TRYING TO LOAD ALL MY GUNS INTO THE CAR
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2016, 07:57:38 PM
My conspiracy survivalist friend has completely shit the bed over that website saying the US went to DefCon 3. Fucker keeps texting me to GET OUT NOW.  :lol:

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Hamilcar

Have those retarded Harambe memes finally faded?